Achievers Conversation March 2007 Letâs see what we think about race and ethnicity.Slide 2
1 . In the 2000 U.S. Enumeration, the biggest self distinguished ethnic gathering was: a) English American b) German American c) African American d) Mexican American e) Irish American f) Italian AmericanSlide 3
. 2. What number of racial gatherings arrive on the planet today? a) 3 b) 5 c) 24 d) 130 e) We can\'t ever know.Slide 4
Which one is Black? Which one is Latina? Which one is Asian? Which one is White?Slide 6
SOME PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN GROUPS Skin shading Shape of nose Height and weight Shape of eyes Blood sort Texture of hair Shape of top of mouth Ability to eat and digest certain sustenancesSlide 7
. 3. What rate of the U.S. populace is multiracial? a) 2.4% b) 7.7% c) 13.3% d) 20.9%Slide 8
How about these individuals? What are their âracesâ?Slide 9
The two folks (appeared here) are blended race. Their moms are white and their fathers are dark.Slide 10
4. Of the number of inhabitants in âArabsâ living in the U.S. who distinguish as âreligious,â about what rate are Muslims? a) 23% b) 56% c) 81% d) 94%Slide 11
5. What did Jesus of Nazareth most likely resemble?Slide 20
Israeli and British Forensic Anthropologists - 2004 Used skull proof from the 1 st century and also skin, hair and eye data Their delineation is not precise, but rather surely more exact than most representations by specialists. They gauge that he would he would have spoken the truth 5-foot-1-inch, 110 lbs.Slide 21
6. What number of Native American tribes (countries) as of now exist in the United States? a) 17 b) 104 c) 282 d) 575Slide 23
7 . In what year were Native Americans given the privilege to acquire U.S. citizenship? a) 1808 b) 1896 c) 1924 d) 1948 e) 1957Slide 24
8. Which of the accompanying gatherings has the most astounding neediness rate in the United States? an) African Americans b) Latino Americans c) Asian Americans d) Native Americans e) White AmericansSlide 25
Individuals Living in Poverty - 2006 Whites â 8.0% Blacks â 23.9% Latino/as â 21.8% Asians â 10.0% Native Americans â 25.7% U.S. Populace â 12.1% Poverty Rate: $18,104 every year for 4 individualsSlide 26
âDonât Drink the Waterâ by The Dave Matthews BandSlide 57
9. What number of dialects right now exist on the planet? an) under 300 b) more or less 1200 c) around 3750 d) more or less 6000Slide 58
10. Give or take what number of individuals live as slaves on the planet today? a) 650,000 b) 1.9 million c) 12.6 million d) 27 millionSlide 59
11. Of the world\'s 6,200,000,000 individuals, about what number of live on $2 a day or less? a) 100,000,000 b) 500,000,000 c) 1,700,000,000 d) 3,000,000,000Slide 60
Millions of individuals either live in dumps or make their living sorting through refuseSlide 61
12. What number of individuals in the U.S. talk a dialect other than English in the home . a) 7% b) 13% c) 17% d) 26%Slide 62
13. Which one of the accompanying is African and which one is African American?Slide 64
14. Which of the accompanying gatherings is well on the way to utilize illicit medications? an) African Americans b) Latino Americans c) Asian Americans d) Native Americans e) White AmericansSlide 67
2004 Illicit Drug Use â Past Year (Ages 12 or Older) * PAST YEAR White (8.1%) (15,581,392) Black (8.7%) (2,970,402) Am. Indian (12.3%) (227,891) Asian (3.1%) (370,617) Hispanic (7.2%) (2,913,062) Multi-racial (13.3%) (193,230) Total Minority: (6,675,202) * National Survey on Drug Use and Health & U.S. EnumerationSlide 68
Illicit Drug Use 2004 White versus Non-white individuals White - 15,581,392 (70 percent) (White individuals were 68 percent of U.S. populace in 2004) Total Minority - 6,675,202 (30 percent)Slide 69
15. Which of the accompanying gatherings is destined to âget caughtâ for utilizing illicit medications? an) African Americans b) Latino Americans c) Asian Americans d) Native Americans e) White AmericansSlide 70
State and Federal Prisoners by Race/Ethnicity: Percent of guys between ages 25-29 White â 1.2% (of white guys) Hispanic/Latino â 2.5% (of Hispanic guys) Black â 8.4% (of dark guys) Asian â .5% (of Asian guys) Native American â ?% * Bureau of Justice StatisticsSlide 71
Racial Breakdown of Local Jails Black â 40% (12% of U.S. pop.) White â 36% (68% of U.S. pop.) Asian â 1% (4% of U.S. pop.) American Indian â (1% of U.S. pop) Hispanic â 19% (13% of U.S. pop) Multiracial â 3% (2 % of U.S. pop.) From: Bureau of Justice StatisticsSlide 72
2003 unlawful Drug Arrests Total: 1,168,013 * Hispanic (26.5%) (308,182) White (39.5%) (462,258) Black (32.6%) (381,006) Am. Indian (.6%) (7,453) Asian (.8%) (9,124) * Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics * Includes individuals less than 18 years oldSlide 73
Total Imprisoned in 2000 for unlawful medication offenses (from state courts): White = 20 percent Black = 58 percent Hispanic/Latino = 21 percent Other = 1 percent * Data from the Bureau of PrisonsSlide 74
16. What rate of American men and ladies between the ages 20-24 have âhad sexâ with somebody of the same sex? a) 1% (men) & 9% (ladies) b) 5% (men) & 14% (ladies) c) 7% (men) & 4% (ladies) d) 10% (men) & 3% (ladies)Slide 75
17. What rate of high schoolers say that interracial dating is âno enormous deal?â a) 22% b) 46% c) 60% d) 73%Slide 76
18. Chinese Americans, Asian Indian Americans, and Korean Americans all had higher than normal rates of neediness than the overall public of the United States. Was the middle family pay of these gatherings lower or higher than the national normal? a) higher b) lower c) about the sameSlide 77
19. Which gathering is most/to the least extent liable to move on from secondary school? a. Whites b. Blacks c. Latino/Latinas d. Asians e. Local AmericansSlide 78
Education (% moving on from High School) - 2005 Whites â 85.5% Blacks â 72.3% Latino/
Morning Custom Having a Discussion and Peeling the Onion.
1. Expansion utilization of innovation to progress and upgrade school learning objectives. ... 1 ...
Medicinal services was seen as a rich field revenue driven looking for organizations. ... Everyo ...
NSF Vision for Ground-based Optical/IR Astronomy. Objective: Ground-based watching framework tha ...
The Lunar Cycle ~ Moon Phases ~ New Moon. Walk second. Waxing Crescent. Walk fourth. Waxing Cres ...
Equalizer for legacy. T.140. PSTN. H.223. V.34/V.80. AL1. H.245. H.324. T.140 ... Discourse to d ...
The leopard seal as a barometer of climate warming Presentation by Tracey Rogers. The tall po ...
Australian Leadership Awards - Scholarships. ALA Scholarships is a prestigious territorial recom ...
If you don't mind name some political exercises you know and impart with us your insights on the ...
SRSA. . PC 20 MARCH 2007. Vital PLAN PRESENTATION20 MARCH 2007. SRSA. . PRE-AMBLE. Sport, which ...
Subjects Covered. CVI BasicsCVI Data RequestsHomeland Security AdvisorsPublic OfficialsOther Fed ...
Conversation Practice. Travel By Paul Chen. Outline. Starting Questions Sample Conversati ...
In the first place, specialized gadgets for the hard of hearing opened a radical new world for t ...
2. Association of Today\'s Lecture. Proverbs of ConversationThe objectives of interviewingTypes ...
Basic Law Property * Idiosyncrasies*. Antiquated terminologyFee basic bequest, freehold residenc ...