"The Future Role and Shape of DCLG: Outcome of Deputy Director Selection Exercise"
Sir Bob Kerslake's report in March on the selection of a new Deputy Director outlined the future direction and structure of the Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About "The Future Role and Shape of DCLG: Outcome of Deputy Director Selection Exercise"
PowerPoint presentation about '"The Future Role and Shape of DCLG: Outcome of Deputy Director Selection Exercise"'. This presentation describes the topic on Sir Bob Kerslake's report in March on the selection of a new Deputy Director outlined the future direction and structure of the Department for Communities and Local Government.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. The Future Role and Shape of DCLG – Outcome of Deputy Director Selection Exercise Sir Bob Kerslake 31 March 2011
2. The Deputy Director Selection Process Reminder: where we are: • The Deputy Director selection exercise was launched on 19 January • The commitment was made that outcomes would be announced in late March- early April • The selection criteria and process were designed specifically for Deputy Directors and reflected experience/feedback from the Director selection • The quality of applications was high • The feedback and experience of the DD selection process has been used to develop the below SCS selection process
3. Voluntary leavers Some colleagues have chosen to leave the Department voluntarily. The date of departure will vary. Michelle Banks* Peter Matthew* Liz Barnard Daniel Monnery Sandy Bishop Andrew Morrison* Henry Cleary* Bert Provan Helen Colchester Cath Reynolds Pamela Conlon* Peter Ruback* Fiona Gough* David Smith* Meg Green Stephen Stringer* Richard Greenhous* Sarah Sturrock* John Jarvis Ciara Wells Wendy Jarvis Kevin Williamson* Kevin Lloyd Sylvia Yates David Marr Rachel Arrundale * denotes those that have agreed later exit dates to fill roles temporarily to assist the department’s transition to the new structure
4. Permanent appointments Those taking up permanent appointments are : Jenny Ashby Denise Fowler James Neilson Matthew Bailes Cathy Francis Steve Quartermain James Blake David Fry Sally Randall Julian Bowrey Daniel Greaves Mike Reed Mark Burch Jessie Hamshar Paul Rowsell Nick Burkitt Richard Harries Vanessa Scarborough Julie Carney Jenan Hasan Rosie Seymour Paul Chamberlain David Hill Lorraine Shepherd Jane Cockerill Stuart Hoggan Chris Smith Claire Cooper Steph Hurst Ruth Stanier Cathy Cooper Shehla Husain Matthew Stubbs Terry Crossley Andrew Kean Tom Surrey James Cruddas Joanna Key Carol Sweetenham Andrew Culver Julia Kinniburgh Jane Todorovic Nick Dexter Bob Ledsome Tom Walker Janet Dougharty Andrea Lee Tom Wechsler Paul Downie David Morris Elizabeth Whatmore Graham Duncan Alastair Murray Katy Willison Dawn Eastmead Hulya Mustafa Roger Wilshaw Jane Everton Michael Winders
5. DD roles Localism Localism – David Prout Decentralisation and Big Society - Mark Carroll Local Govt Policy and Productivity - Lucy Makinson Local Govt Finance - Simon Ridley Fire, Resilience and Emergencies - Neil O’Connor Decentralisation Strategy Tom Walker Big Society Barrier Busting Claire Cooper Integration David Hill Big Society Policy Hulya Mustafa LG strategy Julia Kinniburgh Vanessa Scarborough Democracy Paul Rowsell Productivity & Service Transformation Rosie Seymour Transparency & Accountability Shehla Husain Audit Commission Closure Julie Carney Place Based Productivity Nick Dexter Pay & Pensions Terry Crossley Strategy, Revenue & Capital Jane Todorovic Data Collection, Analysis and Accountancy Janet Dougharty Business Rates & Valuation Katy Willison Jessie Hamshar Fire Programmes Jane Cockerill National Fire Policy Dawn Eastmead Fire Policy Andrew Morrison Resilience & Emergencies Management James Cruddas Future of FireControl Roger Hargreaves
6. DD roles Neighbourhoods Neighbourhoods Richard McCarthy Housing Growth and Affordable Housing - Terrie Alafat Local Economies, Regeneration and Europeans Programmes - Philip Cox Planning - Shona Dunn Homelessness & Support, Building standards and climate Change - Jon Bright Neighbourhoods Analysis – Paul Chamberlain Welfare Benefits Jenny Ashby Building Regs & Standards Bob Ledsome Homelessness & Support Roger Wilshaw Decent Homes & HRA Reform Peter Ruback Climate Change & Existing Buildings Peter Matthew Housing Markets & Supply Dan Greaves Private Rented Homes & Empty Homes Sally Randall AH regulation & investment Graham Duncan HCA Transition & TSA Closure Kevin Williamson AH Management & Standards Paul Downie Regeneration Strategy & Policy David Morris Olympics & Legacy Stephen Stringer Regeneration Implementation Cathy Francis RDA closure Stuart Hoggan ERDF Delivery Carol Sweetenham Chief Planner Steve Quartermain Development Management Michelle Banks Economy & Social Planning Policy Ruth Stainer PINS, IPC & Infrastructure Jenan Hasan Development Plans Jane Everton Environment Stephanie Hurst Regeneration Implementation (additional project support) Fiona Gough Transitional Special Projects Henry Cleary
7. DD roles Finance and Corporate Services 1 Finance and Corporate Services – David Rossington PC&C - Shirley Pointer/Keith Palmer Audit - Jon Whitfield* Communications - George Eykyn Finance - Stephen Park Restructuring Mark Burch Resourcing & Business Relationships Tom Wechsler Policy & Programme Management Andrew Kean External Communications Michael Winders Corporate Communications Julian Bowrey Internal Audit Mike Reed Accounting & Control Vacant Procurement Andrew Culver Chief Information Officer (IT) Vacant Business Partnering Chris Smith Efficiency, Shared Services & ALB Reform Tom Surrey Estates Management Andy Mills* Knowledge Management David Smith * Service shared with other Departments
8. DD roles Finance and Corporate Services 2 Finance and Corporate Services David Rossington Lega l- Susanna McGibbon Analysis & Innovation - Stephen Aldridge Ministerial (DD led) GO & ERDF - Brian Hackland Decentralisation & Local Govt Matthew Stubbs Regeneration & Commercial Matters Cathy Cooper Housing James Neilson Resource Review Localism Bill & Audit Commission Pamela Conlon Planning (& Fire) Denise Fowler GO Policy Richard Greenhous GO Implementation Stuart MacDonald ERDF Lorraine Sheperd Innovation Richard Harries Strategic Analysis Andrea Lee Strategic Statistics David Fry* PPS (Ongoing selection Process) * Also head of profession for statistics
9. DD roles Strategy and Programme Team Strategy and Programme Team - Andrew Campbell Corporate Performance Management Elizabeth Whatmore Strategy 3 Nick Burkitt Strategy 1 Joanna Key Localism Bill Alastair Murray Strategy 2 Sarah Sturrock On Secondment (to be deployed on return) Mathew Bailes On Secondment (to be deployed on return) James Blake Deputy Directors on outward secondment
10. Next Steps Deputy Directors will take up their new assignments from 3 May and will be accountable for their new roles from that date. Colleagues also have a vital role in achieving an orderly handover including: • Supporting colleagues in handing over current responsibilities; • Communicating changes to external partners; and • Ensuring that information is updated on supporting systems (such as PIMs and the staff directory). All PMRs must be completed by the end of April
11. Conclusion • Another important milestone reached • Change programme is on track -focus now is on supporting and leading our teams through the below SCS selection exercise and into the new DCLG. • Thank you to all involved for the very professional way in which you have handled a difficult process.