Adversity on the Run: David's Escape from Saul in 1 Samuel 19
This video examines the story of David's escape from King Saul as told in 1 Samuel 19:8-10. Despite facing adversity and harm from Saul, David manages to escape and continue his journey.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Adversity on the Run: David's Escape from Saul in 1 Samuel 19
PowerPoint presentation about 'Adversity on the Run: David's Escape from Saul in 1 Samuel 19'. This presentation describes the topic on This video examines the story of David's escape from King Saul as told in 1 Samuel 19:8-10. Despite facing adversity and harm from Saul, David manages to escape and continue his journey.. The key topics included in this slideshow are David, Saul, adversity, escape, 1 Samuel 19,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Adversity on the Run 1 Samuel 19-21
2. YouTube: http://youtu.be/3CcK_lSpBMg
3. 1 Samuel 19.8-10 And there was war again. And David went out and fought with the Philistines and struck them with a great blow, so that they fled before him. 9 Then a harmful spirit from the Lord came upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his spear in his hand.
4. 1 Samuel 19.8-10 And David was playing the lyre. 10 And Saul sought to pin David to the wall with the spear, but he eluded Saul, so that he struck the spear into the wall. And David fled and escaped that night.
5. 1 Samuel 19.11-12 Saul sent messengers to David's house to watch him, that he might kill him in the morning. But Michal, David's wife, told him, If you do not escape with your life tonight, tomorrow you will be killed. 12 So Michal let David down through the window, and he fled away and escaped.
6. 1 Samuel 19.18 Now David fled and escaped, and he came to Samuel at Ramah and told him all that Saul had done to him. And he and Samuel went and lived at Naioth.
7. 1 Samuel 20.3 But David vowed again, saying, Your father knows well that I have found favor in your eyes, and he thinks, Do not let Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved. But truly, as the Lord lives and as your soul lives, there is but a step between me and death.
9. 1 Samuel 21.10-13 And David rose and fled that day from Saul and went to Achish the king of Gath. 11 And the servants of Achish said to him, Is not this David the king of the land? Did they not sing to one another of him in dances,Saul has struck down his thousands, and David his ten thousands?
10. 1 Samuel 21.10-13 12 And David took these words to heart and was much afraid of Achish the king of Gath. 13 So he changed his behavior before them and pretended to be insane in their hands and made marks on the doors of the gate and let his spittle run down his beard.
11. Psalm 52 Why do you boast of evil, O mighty man? The steadfast love of God endures all the day. Your tongue plots destruction, like a sharp razor, you worker of deceit.
12. Psalm 52 You love evil more than good, and lying more than speaking what is right. You love all words that devour, O deceitful tongue.
13. Psalm 52 But God will break you down forever; he will snatch and tear you from your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living. The righteous shall see and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying,
14. Psalm 52 See the man who would not make God his refuge, but trusted in the abundance of his riches and sought refuge in his own destruction!
16. Psalm 52 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.
17. Psalm 52 I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.