Tackling Problems in School
This research explores the different problems faced by students in school and provides effective solutions to help them overcome these challenges.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Tackling Problems in School
PowerPoint presentation about 'Tackling Problems in School'. This presentation describes the topic on This research explores the different problems faced by students in school and provides effective solutions to help them overcome these challenges.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Problems in school Problems in school By: Rory W, Alexis J, Lisa J, and Thomas C
2. Our group decided to research this topic because we wanted to know some of the problems that other students faced at this school and maybe solve them. In this presentation, you will hear about some of the main problems that students encounter at school.
3. To do this, we interviewed several kids from each grade and asked them the following questions: Do you have any problems at this school? Do you have a problem with the lunch aids? Do you have a problem with the dress code? If you could change one rule about this school, what would it be? 3
4. These are our answers that we got for the first question which was; Do you have any problems at this school? Interview1
5. 5 Analysis Analysis Out of the people that we interviewed, there were a variety of answers that we got such as; Bullying, cafeteria food, lunch time, homework and classes. Most of the answers that we got were based on the topic of lunch.
6. 6 These are our answers that we got for the second question which was; Do you have a problem with the lunch aids? Interview 2
7. 7 Analysis Analysis To sum up all the answers, almost everyone has problems with the lunch aids. They say that theyre mean and unfair. We interviewed the lunchaids to get their side of the story and they told us that they arent mean because they just want to, they are only enforcing the rules but the students dont listen which causes them to get frustrated and might make them yell so the kids will listen. They care about our safety.
8. 8 These are our answers that we got for the third question which was; Do you have a problem with the dress code? Interview 3
9. 9 Analysis Analysis According to the answers, the dress code mostly effects mostly girls in 6-8th grade Some girls suggested that we would change the dress code so instead of the finger tip rule, it would be shorts that go between the fingertips and the knuckles. To be honest, guys dont get distracted by girls shorts. A lot of teachers make a big deal out of it which makes them so strict on the dress code policy. Even if theyre 1 cm off, they would make you change.
10. 10 These are our answers that we got for the fourth question which was; If you could add or change one rule at this school, what would it be? Interview 4
11. 11 Analysis Analysis The answers to this question were different per grade. For example, the 3/4 students answers were mostly immature, the 5/6 students answers were mostly about homework and dress code, while the 7/8 students answers were mainly about dress code.
12. We can do several things to fix these problems. One thing we can do is propose a new dress code rule to the principal and let her know that the majority of the girls in the school strongly oppose it. Also, if people would just not argue with the lunch aids, the students wouldnt have a problem with them. 12
13. Every Monday, our group would get together and have a team meeting about what we plan to do that day and the jobs that each person is going to do. We could either interview or edit the videos. Everyday, we rotated jobs and tried to use time efficiently. Our first idea was to make an actual documentary including all the interviews and our teams point of views on problems at school. Also, we were going to add the teachers and lunch aids point of view on problems. Some problems that we had during this project was how we spent our time. For the first couple of weeks, we were still trying to figure out the process of making a documentary and we did a lot of interviewing and we only used about of all the interviews. About 2 weeks before the due date, we realized that we werent going to be able to actually create a documentary because all the videos havent been edited properly and we had a lot of difficulties with the computer and iMovie. If we could redo this project, we would probably communicate more before we started. This way, we would have been more successful and saved a lot of time. 13