The Power of Open Data for Transparent Governance
This article explores the benefits of Open Data for promoting transparency, increasing citizen participation, and improving government efficiency and effectiveness. It also addresses concerns around privacy and highlights the growing global movement towards Open Government.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About The Power of Open Data for Transparent Governance
PowerPoint presentation about 'The Power of Open Data for Transparent Governance'. This presentation describes the topic on This article explores the benefits of Open Data for promoting transparency, increasing citizen participation, and improving government efficiency and effectiveness. It also addresses concerns around privacy and highlights the growing global movement towards Open Government.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Open Data, Transparency, Citizen Participation, Government Efficiency, Privacy, Open Government,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Open Data as a part of Open Government Stefan Gehrke
2. Explorers of a new kind Open Data: Economic potential or the end of the world?
3. A global movement starts Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness.
4. German citizens want more transparency Open Data will increase trust in politics and public administration 88 % are in favor of publishing non-personal government data 81 % believe , that citizens can participate better with Open Data 16 % See dangers for privacy
5. Many players, relatively uncoordinated Open Data has a high-level political visibility
6. Where does my money go? Open Data can show correlations
7. Participation leads to more acceptance Understanding citizens needs
8. Farmsubsidy Different insight in political relations
9. Stored in data silos? Open Data can be a treasure
10. Principles help to define Powered by Sunlight 1. Complete 2. Primary 3. Timeliness 4. Accessible 5. Machine processable 6. Non-discriminatory 7. Non-proprietary 8. License-free 9. Permanence 10. Usage costs
11. Benefits of Open Data Efficiency and Effectivity More transparency More participation and self-empowerment Improvement of com- mercial products and services New commercial products and services Stimulator of innovations Improvement of services for citizens New governmental services for citizens Efficiency improvement in government agencies Effectivity improvement in government agencies More knowledge / new insights
12. Giant projects = perfect processes? Better start with the long hanging fruits
13. Where is the haystack? Government has to be the platform
14. Apps for Germany 320 data sets, 112 ideas and 77 applications
15. Open by default! Citizens are part of the audit court
16. Promoting Democracy! Open Data is the currency
17. www.opendata-network.org www.bfnd.de Stefan Gehrke Open Data Network Germany & buero fuer neues denken