Passive Voice Practice Activity for 4th ESO and 1st Bachillerato Students
In this 30-minute activity, students practice using the passive voice in past, present, and future tenses. They write 16 sentences individually, correcting any mistakes. Optional variation involves using background information and internet research.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About Passive Voice Practice Activity for 4th ESO and 1st Bachillerato Students
PowerPoint presentation about 'Passive Voice Practice Activity for 4th ESO and 1st Bachillerato Students'. This presentation describes the topic on In this 30-minute activity, students practice using the passive voice in past, present, and future tenses. They write 16 sentences individually, correcting any mistakes. Optional variation involves using background information and internet research.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. PASSIVE VOICE ACTIVITY: Passive voice. LEVEL: 4th ESO-1st Bachillerato. FOCUS: To practise the passive voice in the past, present and future. MATERIALS: Teacher: PowerPoint presentation using computer and video projector. Students: notebook to write 16 sentences. TIME: 30 minutes. PROCEDURE: Students are shown the 16 numbered slides, one by one. Individually they write each sentence using the passive voice. Students check and correct wrong sentences. VARIATION: Students will need background information to answer some of the questions. The activity can be done in a computer room so that students can search in the Internet for the information they may need (allow at least 20 extra minutes).
2. passive forms: simple past
3. The Eiffel Tower 1626 or 1889 1 The Eiffel Tower was built in 1889.
4. Hamlet Chaucer or Shakespeare 2 Hamlet was written by William Shakespeare.
5. 1940s or 1970s The first rocketship 3 The first rocketship was launched in the 1940s.
6. Guernica Picasso or Mir 4 The Guernika was painted by Picasso.
7. The Pyramids of Gizeh the Egyptians or the Greek 5 The pyramids were built by the Egyptians.
8. The Great Wall of China the 3rd century BC or the 3rd century AD BC Before Christ AD Anno Domini 6 The Great Wall was erected before Christ.
9. The telephone Bell or Newton 7 The telephone was invented by A. G. Bell.
10. The Twin Towers 2000 or 2001 8 The Twin Towers were destroyed in 2001.
11. Radioactivity Einstein or Newton 9 Radioactivity was discovered by A. Einstein.
12. John F. Kennedy Oswald or Rommer 10 Apparently J.F.K. was killed by Oswald.
13. La Traviata Puccini or Verdi 11 La Traviata was composed by G. Verdi.
14. passive forms: simple present
15. in Thailand or Japan Digital cameras 12 Digital cameras are made in Japan.
16. Coffee Colombia or Chile 13 Coffee is grown in Colombia.
17. BMW cars in Germany or in Malta 14 BMWs are designed in Germany.
18. passive forms: simple future
19. The Spanish League 2007 Barcelona or Real Madrid 15 The league will be won by ...
20. Space cities in 10 years time or in 100 years time 16 Space cities will be built in 100 years time.