Leeds Pathways: Helping Young People in Leeds Navigate Learning, Training, and Employment
Leeds Pathways is a free, online resource designed to provide information, advice, and guidance to young people in Leeds on all the career options and pathways available to them. From local jobs and careers to understanding the job market and how to get into it, Leeds Pathways is a one-stop-shop for all things career-related.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Leeds Pathways: Helping Young People in Leeds Navigate Learning, Training, and Employment
PowerPoint presentation about 'Leeds Pathways: Helping Young People in Leeds Navigate Learning, Training, and Employment'. This presentation describes the topic on Leeds Pathways is a free, online resource designed to provide information, advice, and guidance to young people in Leeds on all the career options and pathways available to them. From local jobs and careers to understanding the job market and how to get into it, Leeds Pathways is a one-stop-shop for all things career-related.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Leeds, young people, learning, training, employment, information, advice, guidance, careers, job market,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Leeds Pathways: Learning, Training and Employment for Young People in Leeds
2. Leeds Pathways Learning, Training and Employment for Young People in Leeds Version 2.1 14/10/2013 www.leedspathways.org.uk IAG I nformation, A dvice and G uidance for you Leeds Pathways Options for your future Local Jobs and Careers Find out about the job market and how to get into it Whos Who Find out who does what and where to get help Like us on Facebook!
3. Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Every young person from Year 8 to 13 is entitled to get information and advice on all the career options and pathways that are available Leeds Pathways is a free online resource to help young people, teachers, parents and professionals know whats on offer in Leeds. Young people will soon be staying in learning until their 18 th birthday, so its more important than ever to understand all the choices there are Leeds Pathways is also a great way to research where to learn and make your first application. Leeds Pathways is owned, developed and managed by Leeds City Council Childrens Services for the young people of Leeds Leeds Pathways is owned, developed and managed by Leeds City Council Childrens Services for the young people of Leeds
4. Leeds Pathways gives you information and advice about Learning, training and employment opportunities All levels All subject areas Something for everyone Different ways to carry on learning after Year 11 Different places to apply to Learning providers : places to learn after Year 11 Sixth forms Colleges Apprenticeship and training providers Useful Information Money Travel Higher Education Looking for jobs And much more
5. What is Leeds Pathways for? You can use the website to find out everything you need to know about Learning, Training and Employment for young people in Leeds.
6. Careers Find out which careers could be right for you Then explore job profiles and watch videos to find out more
7. Courses See where you can learn in Leeds and which courses are available You can also find out about Offsite learning outside of school
8. Explore: Apprenticeships The Apprenticeship Academy Job and Apprenticeship Vacancies Information about work experience Work
9. Supported learning Find out about : Learning in college Learning in school Learning in other places Read case studies of young people to find out what supported learning means to them
10. Getting started Look at the latest short courses and opportunities Get in contact with Connexions Leeds Find out about the Leeds Youth Contract Explore how to improve your skills and make your way into work
11. Do something different Want to do something different? Look here for information on: Voluntary work Gap year Studying abroad Distance learning Setting up your own business
12. Find out about going into: Higher Education Higher Apprenticeship Or Employment And Then What Next?
13. Explore: Vacancies for Apprenticeships and Jobs Key job sectors offering the jobs of the future How to set up your own business Job opportunities across the whole Leeds City Region www.leedsjandc.org.uk Local Jobs and Careers
14. Whos who? Connexions Leeds offers support to young people aged 16-19 years who need extra help to make a successful transition into further learning. Young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities can use the service until they are 25. firstname.lastname@example.org Leeds Education Business Partnership provide creative, realistic ,work-related learning opportunities for children and young people. We collaborate with businesses to give young people the chance to explore the world of work. EBPinbox@leeds.gov.uk Our main aims are: To support young people aged 16-24 to access apprenticeships in Leeds. To support small to medium sized employers in taking on an apprentice. We can help set up appropriate frameworks and access to grants. Nicholas.email@example.com The Leeds Pathways Helpdesk is here to support you with: Leeds Pathways Local Jobs and Careers Teacher, Parent, and Professional resources UCAS Progress Search and Apply You can contact us using the web form here or email firstname.lastname@example.org We put in place services, programmes and resources to help young people , teachers, parents and professionals find the information and advice they need about learning, training and employment. email@example.com
15. us @ www.facebook.com/connexionsleeds