Minnesota SharePoint User Group Presents: Overview of SharePoint 2010
Join the Minnesota SharePoint User Group on the 2nd Wednesday of the month for an overview of SharePoint 2010. The presentation will cover general information about Sites, Communities, Content, Search, Insights, and Composites. There will be a Q&A session at the end and information about upcoming meetings.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Minnesota SharePoint User Group Presents: Overview of SharePoint 2010
PowerPoint presentation about 'Minnesota SharePoint User Group Presents: Overview of SharePoint 2010'. This presentation describes the topic on Join the Minnesota SharePoint User Group on the 2nd Wednesday of the month for an overview of SharePoint 2010. The presentation will cover general information about Sites, Communities, Content, Search, Insights, and Composites. There will be a Q&A session at the end and information about upcoming meetings.. The key topics included in this slideshow are SharePoint 2010, Minnesota SharePoint User Group, Communities, Search, Composites,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. SharePoint 2010 - Overview
2. Quick Introduction General Overview Sites Communities Content Break Search Insights Composites Q&A Session Agenda
3. 2 nd Wednesday of the Month 9:00 11:30 AM SharePoint resources and links Meeting Schedule Past User Group Presentations This Presentation Next Meeting 6/9 SharePoint for the Internet 2007/2010 Minnesota SharePoint User Group www.sharepointmn.com
4. SHAREPOINT 2010 - OVERVIEW
5. Microsoft SharePoint 2010
6. SharePoint Key Concepts Modular system Acts as a repository for storing and managing content (documents, web) Accessing content from other systems (data, web services) Provides a secure environment for users and content Can be customized / configured (layout, look and feel, functionality) to meet many different scenarios All accessed via a browser
7. SharePoint Team Services SharePoint Portal Server 2001 Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SharePoint Evolution
8. And now in 2010:
9. New New New New Enabling Technologies More SharePoint 2010
10. Internet/Extranet New in 2010
11. Microsoft Enterprise Search (Requires SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Enterprise CAL)
12. Intranet Extranet Internet Core Audiences Intranet Internal employees Extranet Customers Partners Internet External web users SharePoint-The Core of a Web Strategy
13. How is SharePoint Used?
14. Corporate Intranet Communication Documents Organizational Information
15. Project Team Collaboration Teams Projects Documents Tasks Alerts
16. Extranet Partner Collaboration Content Management Secure Content Profiles Private Channel
17. Process Improvement / Automation Workflow Digital Forms Auditing
18. Internal Social Networking Facebook for the Enterprise Profile Skills Interests Blogs Wikis
19. Business Intelligence Dashboard Performance Management Secure Content Analysis KPIs
20. Search a Product Catalog Content Management Search Facets
21. Corporate Website Communications Content Management Brand / Design Flash
22. Website / Online Marketing Content Management Database Profiles Commerce Analytics
23. Product Marketing Website Content Management Database Profiles Analytics
24. Social Computing Website Content Management Brand / Design Social Database Profiles
25. The One Stop Shop Role Based Portals Database Documents People Composite
26. Knowledge Management Database Documents People Workflow Digital Assets Interactive
27. SharePoint Online Intranet Internet/Extranet New New New
28. Office has been dropped from the product name NOT from the story. Continued Better Together story for Office Client and SharePoint Additional investment in server versions of Office Client Applications (Visio, Access) Office Clients available in the web browser: Where did Office go? Office Web Apps
29. Out of the box functionality SharePoint Designer Visual Studio Services Forms Excel Access Visio 3 rd Party Add-ons and Utilities Building Solutions with SharePoint
30. 2010 is a BIG release http://www.sharepointmn.com Team Services SharePoint Portal Server 2001 WSS V2.0 SharePoint Portal Server 2003 WSS V3.0 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SharePoint Foundation 2010 SharePoint Server 2010
31. SharePoint Core Features Sites Lists / Libraries Web Parts Pages Alerts Versioning Metadata Workflow Security
32. SharePoint Foundation 2010 Ribbon UI SharePoint Workspace SharePoint Mobile Office Client Office Web App Integration Standards Support Blogs and Wikis Business Connectivity Services External Lists Workflow SharePoint Designer Visual Studio API Enhancements REST/ATOM/RSS
33. SharePoint Server 2010 Ribbon UI SharePoint Workspace SharePoint Mobile Office Client Office Web App Integration Standards Support Tagging, Tag Cloud, Ratings Social Bookmarking Blogs and Wikis My Sites Activity Feeds Profiles and Expertise Org Browser Enterprise Content Types Metadata and Navigation Document Sets Multi-stage Disposition Audio and Video Content Types Remote Blob Storage List Enhancements Social Relevance Phonetic Search Navigation FAST Integration Enhanced Pipeline PerformancePoint Services Excel Services Chart Web Part Visio Services Web Analytics SQL Server Integration PowerPivot Business Connectivity Services InfoPath Form Services External Lists Workflow SharePoint Designer Visual Studio API Enhancements REST/ATOM/RSS
35. The basic capabilities required to use SharePoint sites to engage employees, partners and customers in an effective manner, both inside and outside the firewall On the old wheel: Part of the core Platform Services What are Sites?
36. SharePoint Sites Single Platform Single Platform Anywhere Access Anywhere Access Rich User Experience Rich User Experience
37. Formerly in Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint Context aware menus Now available in SharePoint: Ribbon
38. Take lists, libraries, and files offline Syncs differences Formerly Groove: Workspace
39. Native Client for Windows Mobile devices Mobile SDK for developing custom mobile experiences Mobile Access multiple sites and libraries Access multiple sites and libraries View and sync libraries easily View and sync libraries easily Access your content offline Access your content offline SharePoint Workspace Mobile
40. Rich experience in the browser Supports co-authoring of Office Client Documents Cross Browser Support Office Web Application
42. The ability to easily access expertise and interact with other people in new and creative ways across the enterprise through both formal and informal networks On the old wheel: Formally known as Collaboration What are Communities?
43. SharePoint Communities Participation Anywhere Participation Anywhere Social Connections Social Connections Informal Knowledge Informal Knowledge
44. Enhanced! Status Updates Org Chart Activity Feeds Tags & Notes My Sites and Profiles
45. New! Tag items with keywords Rate list items Note Board Tags, Notes & Ratings
46. Improved! What youd expect from a blog Better navigation for Wikis Blogs & Wikis
47. http://www.sharepointmn.com CONTENT
48. The facilities for the creation, review, publication and disposal of content including conforming to defined compliance rules, whether the content exists as traditional documents or as Web pages. SharePoint 2010s content-management capabilities include document management, records management, and Web-content management. On the old wheel: Formally known as Content Management What is Content?
49. SharePoint Content Management Efficiency Management Efficiency Flexibility and Compliance Flexibility and Compliance User-centric User-centric
50. Centrally defined taxonomy/terms: Now available across site collections: Content Types Site Columns Unique Document IDs Metadata Navigation Metadata
51. New Media Web Part Easily add video/audio Upload or find content instead of copy & pasting URLs Video Streaming
52. Manage multiple documents at once Can be managed as a content type Document Sets
53. Available after activating site feature Supports renaming and moving of content based on content type/properties Rule-based routing: Document Routing Content Organizer
55. With more content existing online and multiple people collaborating on such content, it is critical that people can quickly and easily locate relevant content across SharePoint lists, sites and external systems and data sources, such as: file shares, Web sites or line-of-business applications. On the old wheel: Also known as Search What is Search?
56. SharePoint Search Enterprise Deployment Enterprise Deployment Knowledge Amplification Knowledge Amplification Better Answers, Faster Better Answers, Faster
57. Wildcard Wildcard *.wildcard It is about time. Wildcard Searching
58. Search Result Refinement (AKA: facetted search) Related Searches Previews / Thumbnails (with FAST) Sort on Social Distance Improved Search Results
59. http://www.sharepointmn.com INSIGHTS
60. Information workers need the ability to not only rapidly deliver and share information that is critical to the success of the business but also to turn raw data into actionable conclusions and to drive business results through sharing data- driven analysis. On the old wheel: Business Intelligence What are Insights?
61. SharePoint Insights Organizational Effectiveness Organizational Effectiveness Decision Making Decision Making Data interaction Data interaction
62. Excel Services (enhanced) PowerPivot Visio Services Performance Point Chart Web Part Business Connectivity Services The New BDC Two-way updates! Access Services Lots of new toys
63. Use Excel Services when an end user or analyst wants to share content with multiple persons across an organization. It provides a mechanism for taking authored content in Excel 2010 and making it available in a browser. Excel Services is also used when an end user or analyst has generated a model that can be widely used (such as a mortgage calculator). In both cases, Excel Services lets the author publish targeted content without making the underlying intellectual property available to consumers. Excel Services
64. Excel Services
65. You can combine native Excel 2010 functionality with the PowerPivot Add-in in-memory engine to allow users to interactively explore and perform calculations on large data sets. Use Excel and PowerPivot Add-in when you want to quickly manipulate millions of rows of data into a single Excel workbook for ad-hoc reports. Excel Services with PowerPivot
66. Excel Services and PowerPivot
67. Use Visio Services to build a visual representation of your business structures that are bound to data. Examples include processes, systems, and resources. An engineer can use the visualization to create data-bound objects to represent a process. Visio Services
68. Visio Services
69. Use PerformancePoint Services for creating dashboards, scorecards, and key performance indicators (KPIs) that help deliver a summarized view of business a performance. The dashboard is a point of entry to drill-down analysis for driving agility and alignment across an organization. PerformancePoint Services gives users integrated analytics for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting. Performance Point
70. Performance Point
71. http://www.sharepointmn.com COMPOSITES
72. Business users of all roles need the ability to quickly create customized solutions without involving corporate IT in each request. At the same time, the IT staff needs the capability to empower business users to create these applications while ensuring the environments stability and availability. On the old wheel: Portals What are Composites?
73. SharePoint Composites Solution Deployment Solution Deployment Data Connectivity Data Connectivity User-Driven Solutions User-Driven Solutions
74. Rapidly create no-code collaborative solutions: Browser-based customizations SharePoint Designer 2010 Out of the box workflows Forms Services Visio Services Access Services BCS and External Lists Composites in 2010
75. Upload SharePoint solutions to a site collection without server/farm admin rights! Limited set of code access Can be restricted and throttled by administrators Sandbox Solutions
76. SharePoint Server 2010 Ribbon UI SharePoint Workspace SharePoint Mobile Office Client Office Web App Integration Standards Support Tagging, Tag Cloud, Ratings Social Bookmarking Blogs and Wikis My Sites Activity Feeds Profiles and Expertise Org Browser Enterprise Content Types Metadata and Navigation Document Sets Multi-stage Disposition Audio and Video Content Types Remote Blob Storage List Enhancements Social Relevance Phonetic Search Navigation FAST Integration Enhanced Pipeline PerformancePoint Services Excel Services Chart Web Part Visio Services Web Analytics SQL Server Integration PowerPivot Business Connectivity Services InfoPath Form Services External Lists Workflow SharePoint Designer Visual Studio API Enhancements REST/ATOM/RSS
77. IT Pro Investments IT Productivity IT Productivity Deployment Flexibility Deployment Flexibility Scale with Governance Scale with Governance
78. Developer Investments Solution Hosting Solution Hosting Deployment Platform Deployment Platform Developer Productivity Developer Productivity
79. Q & A
80. Arpan Shaws SPC09 presentation SPC09 Beta book http://mssharepointitpro.com http://mssharepointdeveloper.com http://sharepoint.microsoft.com References
81. A key element to your success.