Oasis of the Seas: The World's Biggest and Most Expensive Cruise Ship
Take a closer look at the Oasis of the Seas, the $1.3 billion dollar cruise ship that can accommodate over 6,000 passengers and is docked at the STX shipyard in Turku, Finland.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Oasis of the Seas: The World's Biggest and Most Expensive Cruise Ship
PowerPoint presentation about 'Oasis of the Seas: The World's Biggest and Most Expensive Cruise Ship'. This presentation describes the topic on Take a closer look at the Oasis of the Seas, the $1.3 billion dollar cruise ship that can accommodate over 6,000 passengers and is docked at the STX shipyard in Turku, Finland.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Oasis of the Seas, cruise ship, STX shipyard, Turku, Royal Caribbean Cruises,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Click to advance slides
2. The world's biggest and most expensive cruise ship, Oasis of the Seas, docked at the STX shipyard in Turku, Finland, on Oct. 28. The $1.3-billion-dollar ship can accommodate 6,360 passengers and 2,160 crew members.
3. Workers put the finishing touches on the Oasis of the Seas at the shipyard in Turku.
4. Royal Caribbean Cruises' Oasis of the Seas underwent sea trials in this undated handout photo.
5. This Oct. 30, 2009 photo released by Royal Caribbean shows Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas departing a ship yard in Finland. The Oasis of the Seas, the largest passenger vessel ever built, is set to be handed over to Royal Caribbean International on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2009.
6. The Oasis of the Seas departed Turku en route to its home port of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., on Oct. 30. The cruise ship spans 16 decks, encompasses 225,282 gross registered tons, carries 5,400 guests at double occupancy, and features 2,700 staterooms.
7. The Oasis of the Seas, which rises about 20 stories high, passed below the Great Belt Fixed Link with a slim margin as it left the Baltic Sea on Saturday on its maiden voyage to Florida.
8. Oasis of the Seas passed under the Great Belt Bridge between the Danish islands Funen and Zealand on Nov. 1. The 236-foot-tall ship had to lower its chimneys to pass under the bridge.
9. Oasis of the Seas dwarfed the Isle of Wight ferry as it entered The Solent, near Portsmouth, England, en route to Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 2
10. Oasis of the Seas arrived off the Florida coast on Nov. 13.
11. Spectators watched from a park in Dania Beach, Fla., on Nov. 13.
12. Safe at last ... the ship braved high seas and hurricane force winds in the North Atlantic Ocean along its 14-day journey.
13. Big arrival ... hundreds turned out to get their first glimpse of the mega ship the Oasis of the Seas
14. Homecoming ... the Oasis of the Seas arrived at its new home at Port Everglades after its maiden voyage from Finland.
15. Wide birth ... standing 73m high, 360m long, Oasis of the Seas will feature onboard elements never before seen on a cruise ship.
16. Like them big ... the world's largest cruise ship Oasis of the Seas will set off on a historic seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyage from the ship's homeport in Fort Lauderdale in Florida, on December 1, 2009
17. Water, baby ... the AquaTheater will allow guests to swim in kidney-shaped pools and take SCUBA lessons.
18. Spoilt at sea ... exclusive Royal Loft Suites feature a Baby Grand piano, a private wet bar, a library and extended balcony with its own LCD television, entertainment area and Jacuzzi.
19. Fresh air and flowers ... 'Central Park' will stretch for more than 100 metres and will include quiet tree-lined walkways and lush greenery. Boutiques, an art gallery, five eateries and two bars will flank the edges of the ship-board green space.
20. Rooms with view ... more than 250 balcony staterooms will look over the park aboard the Oasis of the Seas oceanliner.
21. Rising Tide ... will be one of the bars aboard Oasis of the Seas will ascend and descend three deck levels. It will be visible from the onboard Central Park.
22. All hands on deck ... Oasis of the Seas' luxurious contemporary two-level suites will offer hotel comfort and style.
23. Ocean lookout ... every room comes with a stunning sea view
24. Park and ride ... flanking the park will be boutiques, an art gallery, restaurants and bars.
25. Fountain of youth ... the cruise ship will feature incredible attractions, like this water fountain. The End Click to Exit