Exploring African Proverbs
In Sawubona Year 7, we learn the wisdom behind proverbs. From "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched" to "Akodaa b o nwa o mm o akyekyede e," let's choose our favorite and apply it in our lives.
- Uploaded on | 2 Views
About Exploring African Proverbs
PowerPoint presentation about 'Exploring African Proverbs'. This presentation describes the topic on In Sawubona Year 7, we learn the wisdom behind proverbs. From "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched" to "Akodaa b o nwa o mm o akyekyede e," let's choose our favorite and apply it in our lives.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Sawubona Year 7! Today we are exploring African proverbs Proverbs are words of wisdom used to teach lessons.
2. Here are some examples of proverbs we use. • Don't count your chickens before they're hatched • early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise; • don't be pennywise and pound foolish; • haste makes waste.
3. Here are 3 African Proverbs. Decide as a class which is your favourite • From the proverb : Akodaa b o nwa o mm o akyekyede e . • Literal translation : The child is capable of splitting open the snail, not the tortoise. • Lesson : One must be given the task within his/her ability. Or, one should recognize one's limitations before embarking any task.
4. • From the proverb: Anomaa nitefo o , afidie yi no a, eyi no nt e nt e nnoa . • Literal translation : The clever bird is easily trapped in the leaves at the edges. • Lesson: The one who claims to be smart is easily outsmarted by a simple trap.
5. • From the proverb: Atuduro asa a, nnye Akowua ntoa mu a. • Literal translation: The gun catridge-belt of Akowua has never been known to lack bullets . • Lesson: A resourceful and well prepared person is never found wanting.
6. The Independent Challenge 1. • Working in a small group create a visual display of your favourite proverb. • Include the proverb and pictures to give a Zimbabwean flava! • Prizes will be offer for the best pieces of work. • Due in next Monday