Unlocking Effective Pronunciation Teaching Tools
Isolated exercises and technical explanations of pronunciation can be confusing and ineffective. Burgen Young offers a solution to improve communication through effective teaching tools.
- Uploaded on | 3 Views
About Unlocking Effective Pronunciation Teaching Tools
PowerPoint presentation about 'Unlocking Effective Pronunciation Teaching Tools'. This presentation describes the topic on Isolated exercises and technical explanations of pronunciation can be confusing and ineffective. Burgen Young offers a solution to improve communication through effective teaching tools.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Pronunciation Teaching Tools Burgen Young email@example.com
2. key Pronunciation is a key to communication. But…
3. not effective Isolated pronunciation exercises are not very effective . And…
4. confusing Technical explanations of pronunciation are often confusing .
5. A Solution
6. as problems occur Practice pronunciation as problems occur And…
7. Avoid pronunciation jargon alveolar ridge fricative voiceless supersegmental schwa dipthong vocal tract
11. familiar Use symbols
13. I hear . Try to say . I hear . Try to say . I hear . Try to say . h o w h o u s e t - s h i r t t e a c h e r s h e e p s h i p
15. Listen Listen , listen some more and then repeat. Just listen. Ruler. Ruler.
17. Break it Down fridge re fridge re fridge er re fridge er ate re fridge er ate or
19. You can say when you say . You can say when you say . You can say when you say . t h e s s o u n d a t t h e b e g i n n i n g o f a w o r d s t a r t t h e v s o u n d v e r y t h e r s o u n d r e d
20. Tool Kit 1. Use familiar symbols 2. When you say that I hear ____. Try to say ____. 3. Listen, listen again, and then repeat. 4. Break it down 5. You can say that when you say ___.
21. more Pronunciation is more than sounds.
22. Intonation Intonation is more important for comprehension than individual sounds.
23. The teaching tools work with intonation too.
25. Intonation is… Pitch
26. Intonation is… Stress
27. Intonation is… Thought Groups
30. vowel sound A stressed syllable has a vowel sound that is…
31. syllables vowel sounds To identify the number of syllables in a word, count the number of vowel sounds .
32. stretch To find a stressed syllable, stretch the word and identify the longest vowel sound.
33. For more information http://online.themlc.org