Understanding SharePoint as a Platform
SharePoint is not just a program or application, but a server product installed on the back end system. It is a platform that connects various products and technologies to enhance collaboration and productivity across the network.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About Understanding SharePoint as a Platform
PowerPoint presentation about 'Understanding SharePoint as a Platform'. This presentation describes the topic on SharePoint is not just a program or application, but a server product installed on the back end system. It is a platform that connects various products and technologies to enhance collaboration and productivity across the network.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. WHAT IS SHAREPOINT? Presented by Web Services Propeller Studio Presented by MultiMedia Services Propeller Studio
2. What It Isnt It is not a program. It is not an application. It is not a tool. It is not something you download.
3. What It Is SharePoint is a PLATFORM It is a server product. It is installed on our back-end systems and shared across our network. We CONNECT to it. It is a collection of many different products and technologies.
4. The Six Areas of SharePoint Sites Communities Communities Content Search Insights Composites
5. Sites SharePoint 2010 Sites provides a single infrastructure for all of our district and school Web sites. Share documents with colleagues, manage projects with co-workers, and publish information for our employees, students, parents and community. Sites
6. Communities SharePoint 2010 Communities delivers great collaboration toolsand a single platform to manage them. Makes it easy for people to share ideas and work together the way they want. Communities Communities
7. Content SharePoint 2010 Content makes content management easy. Set up compliance measures behind the sceneswith features like document types, retention polices, and automatic content sorting and then let people work naturally in Microsoft Office. Content
8. Search SharePoint 2010 Search cuts through the clutter. A unique combination of relevance, refinement, and social cues helps people find the information and contacts they need to get their jobs done. Search
9. Insights SharePoint 2010 Insights gives everyone access to the information in databases, reports, and business applications. Help people locate the information they need to make good decisions. Insights
10. Composites SharePoint 2010 Composites offers tools and components for creating do-it-yourself business solutions. Build no-code solutions to rapidly respond to business needs. Composites
11. Created by Microsoft SharePoint was created by Microsoft and works well with all Microsoft applications: Word Access Visio Outlook Excel InfoPath PowerPoint
12. What Does It Do? Your people can use SharePoint to set up collaborative sites to share information with others. Manage documents from start to finish. Publish reports to help everyone make better decisions. Create Websites. Blogs, Wikis, Tasks and Workflows are created easily.
13. Benefits of Using SharePoint Share personal documents and information. Keep teams in sync and manage important projects. Keep everyone up-to-date on district news and information. Market our district with a simple and professional public-facing website.
14. SharePoint Products You Can Install SharePoint Designer A free program for designing, building, and customizing Web sites that run on SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server. SharePoint Workspace A desktop program that you can use to take SharePoint site content offline and collaborate on the content with others while you are disconnected from the network.
15. Learning SharePoint A training course is being created. Training materials will be provided. Trainers will be available to assist. The best way to learn SharePoint is to work in it. Explore the different components. Just like learning Microsoft Office you learn by working in Excel, Visio, Access, Outlook, etc. We are here to help you!
16. Contact Us Susan R. Miller, email@example.com Extension 20425 Emily McDaniel, firstname.lastname@example.org Extension 20483 We are here to help!