A Tale of Two Cities
Set against the backdrop of the French Revolution, this novel follows the lives of Charles Darnay and Sydney Carton as they navigate the tumultuous political climate and their own personal struggles.
- Uploaded on | 5 Views
About A Tale of Two Cities
PowerPoint presentation about 'A Tale of Two Cities'. This presentation describes the topic on Set against the backdrop of the French Revolution, this novel follows the lives of Charles Darnay and Sydney Carton as they navigate the tumultuous political climate and their own personal struggles.. The key topics included in this slideshow are French Revolution, sacrifice, love, redemption, historical fiction,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. SIENNA CHRIST A Knock At The Door
2. A KNOCK AT THE DOOR ENDS UP LEADING TO CHARLES'S RE-ARREST ON UNEXPLAINED CRIMES A Knock At The Door
3. Characters Dr. Manette Her father, cheering her, showed a compassionate superiority to this womans weakness, which was wonderful to see. No garret, no shoemaking, no One Hundred and Five, North Tower, now! Charles and Lucie Darnay Miss Pross Jerry Cruncher He had worn all his rust off long ago Little Lucie 4 Red Caps "You know him, you have said. Do you know me?" "Yes, I know you, Citizen Doctor." "We all know you, Citizen Doctor," said the other three. He looked abstractedly from one to another
4. Plot/Summary As they walk through the streets after freeing Darnay, Lucie imagines that her husbands dead carcass is being hauled along the streets in a cart. Darnay and his family live on a tight budget. A new law by the Republic is made that the residence of every person living in the household must be written on the doorpost. Jerry Crunchers name is included on the bottom of their doorpost. Miss Pross and Jerry go out to shop and bargain for supplies using their limited French vocabulary. Lucie is resting by the fire with her husband when she is startled by foot steps. A knock is heard and Dr. Manette opens the door to see red cap soldiers. Darnay is arrested. Dr. Manette, because he is well-known and respected, gets a rep cap to tell him who accused Darnay. It is the Defarges and one other anonymous accuser.
5. Literary Devices In the universal fear and distrust that darkened the time, all the usual harmless ways of life were changed. Personification "My love, the staircase is as still as Death . Simile and Hyperbole Doctor Manette , whom this visitation had so turned into stone, that he stood with the lamp in his hand, as if he were a statue made to hold it. Simile
6. Essential Quote Theme: Death & Violence Ha! said Miss Pross, it doesnt need an interpreter to explain the meaning of these creatures. They have but one, and its Midnight Murder, and Mischief. Theme: Sacrifice If the Republic demands sacrifices from you, without doubt you as a good patriot will be happy to make them. The Republic goes before all. The People is supreme.