Reading Word of the Day - Expository Text
Improve your vocabulary and knowledge of English language by learning a new word everyday. Click on the date for the Word of the Day, and expand your understanding of expository text.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About Reading Word of the Day - Expository Text
PowerPoint presentation about 'Reading Word of the Day - Expository Text'. This presentation describes the topic on Improve your vocabulary and knowledge of English language by learning a new word everyday. Click on the date for the Word of the Day, and expand your understanding of expository text.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Reading, Word of the Day, Expository Text, Vocabulary, English language,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. READING WORD OF THE DAY Click on the month. January February March
2. Click on the date for the word of the day. March Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
3. March 1 Word : Expository text Definition : Text written to explain and convey information about a specific topic. Contrasts with narrative text.
4. March 2 Word : fable Definition : Narrative intended to convey a moral. Animals or inanimate objects with human characteristics often serve as characters in fables. http://aesopfables.com/
5. March 3 Word : implicit Definition : Meanings, which though unexpressed in literal text, may be understood by the reader; implied
6. March 4 Word irony Definition The use of a word or phrase to mean the exact opposite of its literal meaning; incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the expected result.
7. March 7 Word : paraphrase Definition : Restate text or passage in other words, often to clarify meaning to show understanding.
8. March 8 Word : Point of view Definition : The way in which an author reveals characters, events and ideas in telling a story; the vantage point from which the story is told. http://www.learner.org/interactives/literature/read/pov1.h tml
9. March 9 Word : Story map Definition : A visual representation of a story that provides an overview including characters, setting, the problem, and the resolution or ending. http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/student- interactives/story-30008.html
10. March 10 Word : tone Definition : The attitude of the author toward the audience and characters (e.g., serious or humorous)