rld s Religions Lecturing tours in America and England
rld s Religions Lecturing tours in America and England Back in India Colombo to Almora Founding of the Ramakrishna M
- Uploaded on | 2 Views
About rld s Religions Lecturing tours in America and England
PowerPoint presentation about 'rld s Religions Lecturing tours in America and England'. This presentation describes the topic on rld s Religions Lecturing tours in America and England Back in India Colombo to Almora Founding of the Ramakrishna M. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
2. rld's Religions 4.2 Lecturing tours in America and England 5 Back in India (18971899) 5.1 Colombo to Almora 5.2 Founding of the Ramakrishna Mission 5.3 Visit to Punjab 6 Second visit to the West and last years (18991902) 7 Death 8 Teachings and philosophy 9 Influence 10 Works 10.1 Books by Swami Vivekananda 11 See also 12 References 12.1 Notes 12.2 Citations 12.3 Bibliography 13 External links Contents [hide] 1 Early life (18631888) 1.1 Birth and childhood 1.2 College and Brahmo Samaj= 1.3 With Ramakrishna 1.4 Founding of the Ramakrishna Math 2 As a wandering monk in India (18881893) 2.1 Northern India 2.2 The Himalayas 2.3 Rajputana 2.4 Western India 2.5 Southern India 3 Visit to Japan (1893) 4 First visit to the West (18931897) 4.1 Parliament of the Wo
5. 'it was felt that the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth.''
6. Narendra's meeting with Ramakrishna in November 1881 proved to be a turning point in Narendra's life
7. Birth place of Narendranath Datta (Swami Vivekananda) in Kolkata, India, now it is maintained by the Ramakrishna Mission. Gour Mohan Mukherjee street, Kolkata
8. This image was taken on 30 January 1887 In Baranagar Math, Kolkata. Photographer is unknown. This group photo depicts Swami Vivekananda with other disciples of Ramakrishna.
9. Swami Vivekananda on the platform of the Parliament of Religions September 1893. On the platform (left to right) Virchand Gandhi, Dharmapala, Swami Vivekananda
11. To commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, Ramakrishna Mission is organizing various projects' for integrated child development, for the improvement of children's health by eliminating malnutrition, for empowerment of women, and for alleviating poverty. Besides, the Mission will distribute books on the message of Swami Vivekananda to various libraries and will hold national and international seminars in various places on Swamiji's contribution to Indian and international cultures. The Mission is also planning to produce films on Swami Vivekananda. Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh formally inaugurated the projects on 12 January 2011 at 4 pm. at the Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
13. Swami Vivekananda at Chennai in 1897, after the first tour of the West. Seated on floor:(second) Biligiri Iyengar; (fourth) M. C. Nanjunda Rao. Seated in chairs: Tarapada, Shivananda, Vivekananda, Niranjananada, Sadananda. Standing: Alasinga Perumal (first), J.J. Goodwin (second), M.N. Banerjee (third ).
15. A DEDCATED MOTHER WITH SON
17. Memorial for Swami Vivekananda, offshore, Kanyakumari, India. July 2008.
18. Advaita Ashrama, Mayavati, a branch of the Ramakrishna Math, founded on March 19, 1899. Near Lohaghat, 22 km from Champawat in Champawat district, Uttarakhand. Image courtesy, Soumya IITC
19. Vivekanandar Illam (or Vivekananda House) is a structure in Chennai, India. This is remembered as the place where Swami Vivekananda stayed for nine days when he visited Chennai in 1897. Vivekanandar Illam now houses a permanent exhibition on Swami Vivekananda set up by the Chennai branch of the Ramakrishna Math.
20. Swami Vivekananda statue near Gateway of India, Mumbai.
21. This is a manuscript of an English poetry written by Swami Vivekananda (1863- 1902). The full poetry is: The mother's heart, the hero's will, The sweetness of the southern breeze, The sacred charm and strength that dwell On Aryan altars, flaming, free; All these be yours, and many more No ancient soul could dream before -- Be thou to India's future son The mistress, servant, friend in one. With the blessings of Vivekananda Marie Louise Burke Born 1911 USA  Died 2004 Nationality American Other names Sister Gargi Occupation Nun, Writer, Researcher Known for Research on Swami Vivekananda.