International Finance and Trade Activities
International finance, currency conversions, and trading are explored in this set of tasks, including missing letters in currency names, product pricing conversions, and group discussions on global trade challenges.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About International Finance and Trade Activities
PowerPoint presentation about 'International Finance and Trade Activities'. This presentation describes the topic on International finance, currency conversions, and trading are explored in this set of tasks, including missing letters in currency names, product pricing conversions, and group discussions on global trade challenges.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. International Finance
2. ent y an dolla . upee uro re minbi fran . en Find the missing letters What does the word spell?
3. If 1 = 1.2 How much are the following products in Euros? EXTENSION: How much is this product in British pounds? 400 20 150 70 10 240
4. DISCUSS IN GROUPS: 1. HOW DO WE TRADE? 2. WHY DO WE TRADE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES ? EXTENSION: WHAT CHALLENGES DO COUNTRIES FACE WHEN THEY TRADE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES?
5. IMPORT EXPORT
7. TOP UK IMPORTS: 1- Pharmaceutical Preparations 2- Non-Monetary Gold 3 - Civilian Aircraft Engines 4 - Computer Accessories
8. PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD BANK MANAGING DIRECTOR OF THE IMF BARACK OBAMA CHRISTINE LAGARDE ROBERT ZOELLICK PRESIDENT OF THE US HU JINTAO PRESIDENT OF THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA GEORGE OSBOURNE UK CHANCELLOR OF THE EXCHEQUER Can you mix and match the people with their jobs?
9. What is the World Bank? Created at the Bretton Woods Conference in 1944, The World Bank Group is comprised of five agencies that make loans or guarantee credit to its 177 member countries. In addition to financing projects such as roads, power plants and schools, the Bank also makes loans to restructure a country's economic system by funding structural adjustment programs (SAPs). The Bank manages a loan portfolio totaling US$200 billion and last year loaned a record US$28.9 billion to over 80 countries. What is the IMF? Also created at the Bretton Woods Conference, the mission of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is to supply member states with money to help them overcome short-term balance-of-payments difficulties. Such money is only made available, however, after the recipients have agreed to policy reforms in their economies-- in short, to implement a structural adjustment program.
10. The price of oil is going up. There will be 5 countries in the room: US China Sudan UK St. Lucia I would like you to discuss how this will affect your country in your group. Be ready to feed back! ROLE PLAY: Global impact
11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SyJ23a7_fvQ&feature=related Play up until 4 minutes
12. The Critics? The Supporters? DEBATE: Who do you agree with?
13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =daA5smD_tK8&feature=related
14. Charity Discuss as a class: 1. What do these charities do? 2. Where do these charities receive money from? 3. How could you raise money?