Efficient Connection between Program Administrators and Residency Candidates
FindAResident is a web-based service for sharing program information and open positions, and connecting with residency and fellowship candidates. It's a supplement to ERAS and available year-round.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Efficient Connection between Program Administrators and Residency Candidates
PowerPoint presentation about 'Efficient Connection between Program Administrators and Residency Candidates'. This presentation describes the topic on FindAResident is a web-based service for sharing program information and open positions, and connecting with residency and fellowship candidates. It's a supplement to ERAS and available year-round.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. FindAResident Tour Review the Tools and Features of FindAResident
2. Introducing FindAResident FindAResident is a web-based service designed to provide a direct and efficient way for program administrators to connect with residency and fellowship candidates. • Residency and fellowship programs can share information about their programs and open positions • Applicants post their resume and contact information for programs to review.
3. FindAResident & ERAS FindAResident is a supplement to ERAS ® — the Electronic Residency Application Service • Ideal for unfilled Post-Match positions and other unexpected vacancies. • FindAResident is open year-round, even when ERAS is closed • FindAResident is available to any ACGME accredited program, authorized non-ACGME programs and any medical school graduate
4. We Specialize in Open Positions • Residency programs share information about their programs and open positions with applicants. • Programs can search for applicants who fit their specific criteria. • Applicants search our database for just the right position in their desired residency level and specialty. • Programs and applicants can contact each other directly through FindAResident to express interest.
5. FindAResident The Applicant Perspective
6. We Help Aspiring Physicians Achieve Their Goals Use FindAResident to… • Post your resume, test scores, education and other pertinent information for programs to review • ERAS users can import resume information directly from their certified MyERAS Application! • Upload a photo and/or personalized curriculum vitae to individually express yourself. • Review your resume and activate your account allowing programs to access your information.
7. How does an applicant use the service? 1. Create Your FindAResident Resume 2. Attach Documents (photo & curriculum vitae) 3. Review and Activate Resume 4. Search and Notify Programs 5. Check Back Often for New Notifications 6. Keep Your FindAResident Information Updated
9. FindAResident Applicant Subscriptions The FindAResident season runs from September to September of the following year. Subscriptions purchased after September 1st will be valid from date of purchase until August 31st. There is a $75 subscription fee for applicants; active ERAS users pay a discounted $30 fee.
10. FindAResident The Program Perspective
11. We Specialize in Helping You Fill Open Positions • Share information about your program’s environment and characteristics. • Detail any position requirements to attract quality candidate applications. • User flexibility allows multiple users approved access to one FindAResident account. • Manage multiple programs from a single user account • You control your account; activate or deactivate your profile at anytime.
12. How does a program use the service? 1. Set-up your program’s profile 2. Post any position vacancies 3. List any prerequisites and minimum criteria 4. Search and Notify Applicants 5. Check back often for new notifications 6. Keep your FindAResident information updated
13. Sample Position Profile List any prerequisites or minimum requirements. List next steps in the process and any additional documents needed. Provide a description for your program.
14. FindAResident Program Subscriptions Subscriptions to FindAResident are free for residency and fellowship physician-training programs. • ACGME accredited programs should email FindAResident with their 10-digit ACGME code at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive program registration instructions. • Non-ACGME accredited programs should contact FindAResident at email@example.com for more information on their program’s eligibility.
16. FindAResident Position Search Engine Select search criteria to find exactly the position you are looking for… Select up to 5 specialties at a time Select up to 5 geographic preferences Select a Post Graduate Year Level
17. View position profiles and notify programs directly from search results Sample Position Search Results
18. FindAResident Applicant Search Engine Search for applicants by their indicated specialty interest and preferred training location Search for applicants by indicated training preference Fellowship & Advanced Programs can search by Previous Residency Information
19. Sample Applicant Search Results View resumes and notify applicants directly from search results
20. You’ve Got Mail!
21. The mailbox provides a summary of your mail activity and total number of active programs in system. FindAResident Applicant Mailbox Summary
22. Check your list of mail from interested programs. Check the list of programs you have notified. Applicant Mailbox Features
23. FindAResident Program Mailbox Summary The mailbox provides a summary of your mail activity by folder and total number of active applicants in the system.
24. Program Mailbox Features Click an applicant’s name to review their resume. Use convenient tabs in the mailbox to sort and store applications requested and received.
25. FindAResident Contact Information For more information about the FindAResident program contact us: Association of American Medical Colleges c/o FindAResident 2450 N Street, NW Washington, DC 20037 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.aamc.org/audiencefindaresident.htm