Birds work in pairs to build nests and feed their chicks in the hot summer. The Indian Robin creates cozy homes with grass, twigs, wool, and cottonwool.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Summer Nesting
PowerPoint presentation about 'Summer Nesting'. This presentation describes the topic on Birds work in pairs to build nests and feed their chicks in the hot summer. The Indian Robin creates cozy homes with grass, twigs, wool, and cottonwool.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
3. In the summer, when the sun is burning hot. The sparrows ,doves and sun bird have started working in pairs as they prepare to make their nests. In some of the nests, the eggs have hatched. The parent birds are busy feeding the cheeks with different kinds of insects and other things. The Birds
4. Robin Indian robin lays its eggs in the space between stones. It makes its nest of grass soft twigs roots, wool hair and cottonwool. It makes soft and cozy home for its cheeks.
5. Crow A crow makes its nest of all kinds of things like pieces of wire and wood. It makes the nest on the top of the tree . It eats all kinds of food .
6. K o e l The male koel sings sweetly.Koel does not make its nest.It lays its eggs in crow’s nest. The crow hatches them along with its own eggs.
7. Sunbird The sunbird makes its nest that hangs from the branch of a small tree or a bush. The nest is made of hair ,grass,thin twigs ,dry leaves,cottonwool, bits of tree bark, pieces of cloths rags and spider’s cobwebs.
8. Weaverbird The male weaver bird make beautiful woven nests.The female chooses the best of them and decides to lay her eggs in it.
9. T a i l o r b i r d The tailor bird uses its sharp beak to stitch together two leaves on a bush . It lays its eggs in the fold of the leaf that it has made. This is his nest.
10. Sparrow The sparrow can be found in and around our own house. It makes its nest anywhere-on top of cupboard ,behind a mirror, on a ledge.
11. Pigeon Pigeon makes its nest like sparrow . Often they make nests in old or deserted buildings.
12. B I R D S
21. B I R D ’ S B E A K This type of beak is used to break and crush the seeds. E.g.- sparrow and pigeon
22. This type of beak is used tearing and cutting the meat.E.g.- eagle and owl
23. This type of beak is used to find out the insects from shallow water. E.g.-crane and swan
24. This type of beak is used to suck the nectar from flowers.E,g.- humming bird
25. This type of beak is used to cut and eat many kinds of food.E.g .- crow .
26. This type of beak is used to make holes in wood and tree trunk.E.g.- woodpeker
27. BIRD’S FEET These feet are used to swim in the water. E.g.- duck
28. These feet are used to catch the prey. E.g.- eagle and owl.
29. BALD EAGLE FOOT HAWK FOOT
30. WILD TURKEY FOOT These feet are used to walk on the land
31. GREEN WOODPEKER These feet are used to climb to tree trunk
32. • Mamta sharma • PRT • K V Sikar