Thatcher the Tramp: A Story of Giftedness and Escapism
Thatcher, the school outcast, is isolated in an abusive household with a religious fanatic mother. Despite his situation, Thatcher is an excellent writer and dreams of escaping his hellish life through his writing.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Thatcher the Tramp: A Story of Giftedness and Escapism
PowerPoint presentation about 'Thatcher the Tramp: A Story of Giftedness and Escapism'. This presentation describes the topic on Thatcher, the school outcast, is isolated in an abusive household with a religious fanatic mother. Despite his situation, Thatcher is an excellent writer and dreams of escaping his hellish life through his writing.. The key topics included in this slideshow are gifted, writer, escape, isolation, abuse,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Thatcher the Tramp Original Pitch by Cassidy Street
2. ABOUT THATCHER Thatcher is the school outcast. Thatchers mother is a religious fanatic that cant stick to her Christian beliefs when it comes to how she treats her son. Thatcher isALONE IN LIFE.
3. MORE ABOUT THATCHER ButThatcher is gifted. Thatcher is an excellent writer, and he dreams of getting out of his hellish life. Whenever his mother is not forcing him to read his Bible or pray, Thatcher iswriting, which is his only method of escape.
4. THATCHERS GOALS Thatcher wants to be a professional writer. He wants to be famous. He wants to be free to write WHATEVER he wants. He wants to befree of his overly religious mother.
5. EVERYONE ELSES GOALS FOR THATCHER Thatchers mother wants him to be overweight and a factory worker. Thatchers classmatesand a couple of his teacherswant him to be a failure.
6. THATCHERS DAILY ROUTINE He gets up at five oclock for Mothers morning sermon. He suffers through a long day of schoolwork and cruel classmates. He has a few hours free in the afternoon before Mother gets home. Mother stuffs his face. Mother gives him the evening sermon.
7. THATCHERS PUNISHMENTS Mothers favorite method of punishment is using her leather belt on Thatchers back. Mother remembers from her sinners days a clip from the movie Carrie in which Carries mother locks her daughter in her prayer closet; therefore, Mother has her own lock-in closet for Thatcher.
8. HOW DOES THATCHER ESCAPE? One night, Thatchers mother threatens to sacrifice him to God because he expresses his wish to go to college and to become a writer. In the pouring rain, Thatcher runs away from home with nothing but the clothes on his back.
9. HOW DOES AN OUTCAST SURVIVE? A penniless Thatcher is forced to steal from his English teachers purse the following day. The money isnt muchThatcher realizes that he will have to beg to survive. In order to hide himself from his mother, Thatcher has to beg outside a local bar.
10. OPPORTUNITY Little does Thatcher know that begging outside the bar will be his chance to be a writer!!!!!!!!
11. NEW PEOPLE Thatcher comes across some band members outside of the bar. They are just a year or so older than him. They have compassion on him because they were once in his situation. They find out that Thatcher is a writer. He quotes some of his poetry, and they give him a big offer.
12. OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS The band members offer to let Thatcher be their songwriter. Of course, there are some requirements: hell have to travel all over the South, and hell have to do what he has always dreamed of: WRITING.
13. ON THE ROAD Thatchers new life is filled with adventure. After breaking into his mothers house and retrieving his clothes and his writing, Thatcher travels all over the South, getting into bad situations at times. Trouble comes in one episode when a band member is accused of murder. Even more trouble comes when Thatcher falls in love.
14. GHOSTS FROM THE PAST However, no matter what happens, Thatcher is haunted by the memory of the past.
15. THE EPISODES After the first season, the plot will revolve around Thatchers relationship with Catherine, an orphan whose grandmother disapproves of Thatcher completely.
16. New Troubles for Thatcher The later seasons will bring lessons for Thatcher. In one episode, Thatchers mother is dying of cancer and wants to see her son. To her last breath, she calls Thatcher evil. He realizes that he must move on with his life.
17. Final Season Thatchers old dreams become possible when a college professor becomes interested in his future. Thatcher must choose between Catherine, the band, andhis dream. Which does he pick?...well never know!