Living as Children of Light: Marks of a True Christian
Discover the principles outlined in Ephesians 4:17-5:20 that guide believers to live in the light and avoid the futility of worldly thinking. Gain insight into the contrast between darkness and light and learn to live as true followers of Christ.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Living as Children of Light: Marks of a True Christian
PowerPoint presentation about 'Living as Children of Light: Marks of a True Christian'. This presentation describes the topic on Discover the principles outlined in Ephesians 4:17-5:20 that guide believers to live in the light and avoid the futility of worldly thinking. Gain insight into the contrast between darkness and light and learn to live as true followers of Christ.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Marks of a True Christian, Living as Children of Light, Ephesians 4:17-5:20, Darkness versus Light, Futility of Worldly Thinking,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Marks of A True Christian (3) Ephesians 4:17-5:20 Live As Children of Light
2. Ephesians 4:17-5:20 Live As Children of Light
3. Darkness Versus Light
4. So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do , in the futility of their thinking. Ephesians 4:17
5. Be imitators of God , therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and live a life of love Ephesians 5:1
6. 8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8
7. The Choice Old Self New Self
8. Christians are light in a dark world.
10. Jared Fogel-Subway
11. Five Aspects Behavior 4:17-4:24 Language 4:25-4:29 Anger 5:3-5:7 Time Management 5:15-5:16 Whats Inside--Motivation 5:17-20
12. Reasoning Pattern Analysis of the passage: Statement Form Prohibition Positive Rationale Rationale Rationale Positive Positive Prohibition Prohibition
13. Behavior (1) Futility of Thinking Darkened in Understanding Separated From the Life of God Ignorance Due to Hard Hearts
14. Behavior (2) Lost all sensitivity Given themselves over to sensuality Indulge every kind of impurity Continual lust for more.
15. There is a difference between enjoying life and being given over to sensuality .
16. Language (1) Put off Falsehood Speak Truthfully
17. Language (2) No unwholesome talk Only what is helpful for building others up. According to their needs That it benefit those who listen.
18. Language (3) No obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking. Insteadthanksgiving. You can tell a Christian by the way he or she talks!
19. Anger In your angerdo not sin!
20. Dont let the sun go down while you are angry.
21. Anger (1) In your angerdo not sin! Dont let the sun go down while you are angry. Dont give the devil a foothold.
22. Anger (2) Get Rid Of Bitterness, rage, anger, brawling, slander, and malice. Be kind, compassionate and forgiving.
23. Time Be careful how you life Not as unwise. But as wise. Making the most of every opportunity Because the days are evil.
24. Motivation Dont be foolish. Understand what the Lords will is.
25. Whats Inside Do not get drunk on wine. Be filled with the Spirit.
26. What Comes Out Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord. Always giving thanks for everything.
27. Summary Choose to live a new life in Christ.
28. Summary Make every area of your life subject to Christ. Behavior Language Anger Time Whats Inside
29. If you have not been born again through baptismWhy not do so today?
30. Let this lesson motivate you to be more Christ-like.
31. If you need to recommit your life to Christ-please do so.
33. STEEDS SERMONS This slide show is a type of sermon literature and is copyrighted in regards to slide layout, text and arrangement. Some fees were paid to develop this series. See other restrictions in regards to graphics and quotations below as required by agreements with graphics and text providers. RESTRICTIONS: This product/publication may include images from Art Explosion,Corel MegaGallery, Corel Gallery 1,000,000, 10,000 Photos or 10,000 Clipart (Greenstreet Software www.gstsoft.com ) which are protected by the copyright laws of the U.S. Canada and elsewhere. Used under license. These images are for viewing purposes only and may not be saved or downloaded and may only be used for viewing purposes. In plain English, you may use the images for your presentation, but you may not resell them as clip art.
34. STEEDS SERMONS This PowerPoint based sermon is an example of thePowerPoint material being developed by Tom Steed and being distributed by www.eBibleTeacher.com Although copyrighted, users may present this material in their own churches. You may remove this page from your slide show prior to your presentation but you MUST reinsert it prior to redistributing it. This material may be edited but may not be edited and redistributed. If someone wants a copy you must either give them the original version or send them to the webpage to obtain their own version. Some notes are included with this presentation. View the presentation in the Notes mode to see the notes text. View the presentation in presentation mode to see the special transitions. Visit www.eBibleTeacher.com for resources for Preachers and Sunday School teachers that use the computers & digital projectors to teach. No warranty or guarantee is implied. Some scripture quotations taken from: King James version or HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION (NIV) 1973, 1978 by the International Bible Society, used by permission of Zondervan Bible publishers.