Adventist Youth Society: Empowering Youth for Service and Leadership
The Adventist Youth Society is a department of the church focused on leading and empowering young people to discover their spiritual gifts and abilities, serve their community, and participate fully in the mission of the church.
- Uploaded on | 2 Views
About Adventist Youth Society: Empowering Youth for Service and Leadership
PowerPoint presentation about 'Adventist Youth Society: Empowering Youth for Service and Leadership'. This presentation describes the topic on The Adventist Youth Society is a department of the church focused on leading and empowering young people to discover their spiritual gifts and abilities, serve their community, and participate fully in the mission of the church.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Adventist Youth Society, youth ministry, salvation, spiritual gifts, service, leadership, community involvement,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
2. Adventist Youth Society The Adventist Youth Society is a department of the church through which the church works for and through her youth.
3. Mission Statement The primary focus of youth ministry is the salvation of youth through Jesus Christ. We understand youth ministry to be that work of the church that is conducted for, with, and by young people. Our Tasks: 1. Lead youth to understand their individual worth and to discover and develop their spiritual gifts and abilities. 2. Equip and empower youth for a life of service with Gods church and the community. 3. Ensure the integration of youth into all aspects of church life and leadership in order that they might be full participants in the mission of the church.
4. Objectives 1. To train the youth to work for other youth 2. Recruit the youth to help their church and those who profess to be Sabbathkeepers, and 3. To work for those not of our faith. (Signs of the Times, May 29, 1893)
5. Strategies 1. Pray together 2. Study the Word together 3. Fellowship together in Christian social interaction 4. Act together in small groups to carry out well- laid plans for witnessing 5. Develop tact and skill and talent in the Masters service 6. Encourage one another in spiritual growth
6. Aim The Advent Message to All the World in My Generation. Moto The Love of Christ Constrains Me . Loving the Lord Jesus, I promise to take an active part in the youth ministry of the church, doing what I can to help others and to finish the work of the Gospel in all the world. Pledge
7. Adventist Youth Ministries Committee Members Elected officers of the AYS Personal Ministries Leader Youth Sabbath School Division Leader Health Ministries Leader Pathfinder Club Director Adventurer Club Director Sponsor Pastor School Principal (where applicable) The AYS Leader is the chairperson of the committee.
8. Adventist Youth Society Committee A chief factor in the success of any AYS is its leadership. When officers are dedicated, active Christians, with initiative and ability to organize and inspire others, the work will go forward, young people will be saved and trained in Gods service, and the whole church will be strengthened.
9. AYS Officers Youth Leader Associate Youth Leader/s Secretary-treasurer Assistant secretary-treasurer Chorister Pianist or organist Sponsor
10. Youth Leadership A Call to Serve You have been called to serve to lead from the front but not always being in front. You are to mentor, guide teach and train the youth in your local congregation to cope and function as global citizens. Your sole aim should be to equip these young ambassadors, who have been entrusted into our care with the tools to complete the work which God has mandated us to do in Mathew 28:18-20.
11. Reference Seventh-day Adventist Church Manual for Church Leaders Revised 2005 17 th Edition Published by the Secretariat General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist