The Sacred Ritual of Baptism and the Joy of Worshiping with Christmas Carols
This article explores the significance of the ancient practice of baptism and the beauty of worshiping with classic Christmas carols like "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing."
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About The Sacred Ritual of Baptism and the Joy of Worshiping with Christmas Carols
PowerPoint presentation about 'The Sacred Ritual of Baptism and the Joy of Worshiping with Christmas Carols'. This presentation describes the topic on This article explores the significance of the ancient practice of baptism and the beauty of worshiping with classic Christmas carols like "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing.". The key topics included in this slideshow are Baptism, worship, Christmas carols, Angels We Have Heard on High, Hark the Herald Angels Sing,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
2. Ordinance of Baptism Ordinance of Baptism
3. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. Revelation 22:16(KJV)
4. Call to Worship One Small Child
5. Child Of Love with Angels We Have Heard on High Hark! the Herald Angels Sing O Come, All Ye Faithful
6. Come to Bethlehem, and see Him whose birth the angels sing; Come, adore on bended knee Christ the Lord, the newborn King. Glo--------------------------------ri-a in excelsis Deo! Glo--------------------------------ri-a in excelsis Deo! Angels We Have Heard on High
7. Hail the heav'n - born Prince of Peace! Hail the Son of Righteousness! Light and life to all He brings, Ris'n with healing in His wings. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
8. Mild He lays His glory by, Born that man no more may die, Born to raise the sons of earth Born to give them second birth. Hark! the herald angels sing, "Glory to the newborn King." Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
9. O Come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant; O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem! Come and behold Him- Born the King of angels! O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord. O Come, All Ye Faithful
10. Child Of Love with Angels We Have Heard on High Hark! the Herald Angels Sing O Come, All Ye Faithful
11. Concerns and Prayer
12. Lighting of the Advent Wreath Lighting of the Advent Wreath
13. Lighting of the Advent Wreath Lighting of the Advent Wreath The Candle Of Joy The Candle Of Joy
14. The first Nowell the angel did say, Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay; In fields where they lay tending their sheep, On a cold winters night that was so deep. Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell , Born is the King of Israel. The First Nowell
15. For all to see there was a star Shining in the east, beyond them far, And to the earth it gave great light, And so it continued both day and night. Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell , Born is the King of Israel. The First Nowell
16. And by the light of that same star The wise men came from country far; To seek for a king was their intent, And to follow the star wherever it went. Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell , Born is the King of Israel. The First Nowell
17. Then let us all with one accord Sing praises to our heavenly Lord Who hath made heavn and earth of naught, And with His blood mankind hath bought. Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell , Born is the King of Israel. The First Nowell
18. Offertory Prayer Receiving of Tithes and Offerings 2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
19. Childrens Message
20. Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him. When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the
21. people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. So they said to him, In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet: But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.
22. Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also. When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it
23. came and stood over where the young Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
24. Then, being divinely warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way. Matthew 2:1-12 (NKJV)
25. The First Christmas Ornament Pastor Groover
26. WHAT AND WHO GOD USES TO POINT PEOPLE TO JESUS, TO DRAW PEOPLE TO JESUS AND HELP PEOPLE TO JESUS:
27. THE STAR OF BETHLEHEM
28. After Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of King Herod, wise men from the east arrived unexpectedly in Jerusalem, saying, Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him. Matthew 2:1-2 (HCSB)
29. After hearing the king, they went on their way. And there it was the star they had seen in the east! It led them until it came and stopped above the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed beyond measure. Matthew 2:9-10 (HCSB)
31. For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, a voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him! And we heard this voice when it came from heaven while we were with Him on the holy mountain.
32. So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. First of all, you should know this: no prophecy of Scripture comes from ones own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, moved by the Holy Spirit, men spoke from God. 2 Peter 1:16-21 (HCSB)
33. I, Jesus, have sent My angel to attest these things to you for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright Morning Star. Revelation 22:16 (HCSB)
34. JOHN THE BAPTIST
35. 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created. 4 Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men. 5 That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it. 6 There was a man named John who was sent from God.
36. 7 He came as a witness to testify about the light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but he came to testify about the light. 9 The true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not recognize Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him.
37. 12 But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God. 14 The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
38. 15 (John testified concerning Him and exclaimed, This was the One of whom I said, The One coming after me has surpassed me, because He existed before me. ) 16 Indeed, we have all received grace after grace from His fullness, 17 for although the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
39. 18 No one has ever seen God. The One and Only Son the One who is at the Fathers side He has revealed Him. John 1:1-18 (HCSB)
40. 1 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Wilderness of Judea 2 and saying, Repent, because the kingdom of heaven has come near! 3 For he is the one spoken of through the prophet Isaiah, who said: A voice of one crying out in the wilderness: Prepare the way for the Lord; make His paths straight!
41. 4 John himself had a camel-hair garment with a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey. 5 Then [people from] Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the vicinity of the Jordan were flocking to him, 6 and they were baptized by him in the Jordan River as they confessed their sins. Matthew 3:1-6 (HCSB)
42. 25 Then a dispute arose between Johns disciples and a Jew about purification. 26 So they came to John and told him, Rabbi, the One you testified about, and who was with you across the Jordan, is baptizingand everyone is flocking to Him. 27 John responded, No one can receive a single thing unless its given to him from heaven.
43. 28 You yourselves can testify that I said, I am not the Messiah, but Ive been sent ahead of Him. 29 He who has the bride is the groom. But the grooms friend, who stands by and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the grooms voice. So this joy of mine is complete. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
44. 31 The One who comes from above is above all. The one who is from the earth is earthly and speaks in earthly terms. The One who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what He has seen and heard, yet no one accepts His testimony. 33 The one who has accepted His testimony has affirmed that God is true. 34 For God sent Him, and He speaks Gods words, since He gives the Spirit without measure.
45. 35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hands. 36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:25-36 (HCSB)
47. You are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14 (HCSB)
48. 18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:18-20 (HCSB)
49. CONCLUSIONS: 1. The star of Bethlehem brought people to Jesus 2. Scripture continues to bring people to Jesus 3. John the Baptist led people to Jesus 4. We are to lead people to Jesus
50. O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie! Above thy deep and dreamless sleep The silent stars go by; Yet in thy dark streets shineth The everlasting Light; The hopes and fears of all the years Are met in thee tonight. O Little Town of Bethlehem
51. For Christ is born of Mary, And gathered all above, While mortals sleep, the angels keep Their watch of wondring love. O morning stars, together Proclaim the holy birth, And praises sing to God the King, And peace to men on earth! O Little Town of Bethlehem
52. How silently, how silently The wondrous Gift is givn! So God imparts to human hearts The blessings of His heavn. No ear may hear His coming, But in this world of sin, Where meek souls will receive Him, still The dear Christ enters in. O Little Town of Bethlehem
53. O holy Child of Bethlehem! Descend to us, we pray; Cast out our sin, and enter in, Be born in us today! We hear the Christmas angels The great glad tidings tell; O come to us, abide with us, Our Lord Emmanuel! O Little Town of Bethlehem
55. Greet the Family Of God Greet the Family Of God Postlude Ashley Porter Postlude Ashley Porter