Crisis Management Protocol: Categories and Strategies
Keira Lombardo discusses the various categories of crises, including food safety issues, activist campaigns, and natural disasters, and strategies for effective crisis management.
- Uploaded on | 6 Views
About Crisis Management Protocol: Categories and Strategies
PowerPoint presentation about 'Crisis Management Protocol: Categories and Strategies'. This presentation describes the topic on Keira Lombardo discusses the various categories of crises, including food safety issues, activist campaigns, and natural disasters, and strategies for effective crisis management.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Crisis Management Protocol Keira Lombardo Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
2. Different categories of crises • Food Safety Issues – Recalls – USDA/FSIS Activities & Communication • Activist Campaigns – Animal Welfare, Food Safety and/or Environmental – Infiltration/Undercover Videos – Ongoing Efforts
3. Different categories of crises • Work-Related Accident – In Facility – Outside Facility • Labor Issues – Immigration • Natural Disaster • Environmental Issues
4. IOC and subsidiary crisis communications notification process • When to call – Immediately, when you encounter… • Loss of/harm to human life • Harm to environment • Harm to animals that falls outside animal care guidelines • Or anything else that falls within the crisis categories – If you suspect anything, follow your instincts
5. Critical Information • Loss of/Harm to Human Life • Contact with news media, if any • Any suspected activist involvement • Contact with Federal/State/Local Law Enforcement • Contact with Federal/State Regulators • Any violation of animal care code of conduct
6. What to do and how to act • When contacted by media – Find out what they want, when they need it and how to contact them – Do not engage in ANY other conversation – If pressed, simply tell them that you ’ ll have someone get back to them
7. What to do and how to act • If no media contact (yet) – Expect inquiries from the media – Take the time to mentally prepare for media calls – Be prepared for “ pushy ” questions – don ’ t take the bait