Fresenius Medical Care Peritoneal Dialysis Connections Safe Lock
Learn how to safely connect with Fresenius Medical Care products for peritoneal dialysis. Refer to IFU for detailed instructions. StaySafe with DEL CLAMP, Safe Lock, DELFLEX, and FREEDOM trademarks.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About Fresenius Medical Care Peritoneal Dialysis Connections Safe Lock
PowerPoint presentation about 'Fresenius Medical Care Peritoneal Dialysis Connections Safe Lock'. This presentation describes the topic on Learn how to safely connect with Fresenius Medical Care products for peritoneal dialysis. Refer to IFU for detailed instructions. StaySafe with DEL CLAMP, Safe Lock, DELFLEX, and FREEDOM trademarks.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Fresenius Medical Care Peritoneal Dialysis Connections Fresenius Medical Care Peritoneal Dialysis Connections Safe-Lock to stay safe Connection
2. Connections using Fresenius Medical Care products Connections using Fresenius Medical Care products This inservice is not intended to replace the advice or training from your physician. Refer to the Instructions For Use (IFU) for detailed device description, instructions, contraindications, warnings, and precautions . Fresenius Medical Care, DEL-CLAMP, StaySafe, Safe-Lock, DELFLEX and FREEDOM are trademarks of Fresenius Medical Care Holdings Inc. or its affiliated companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
3. Fresenius Products Fresenius Products Baxter is a trademark of Baxter International Inc. or its affiliates. Instructions on how to use Baxter products were reproduced from the manufacturers literature and were current at the time of print. Instructions are included for the patient's convenience but Fresenius Medical Care North America does not specifically endorse the use of these products or assume any liability related to their use. Should there be any differences between the instructions listed in this manual and the instructions for use provided with the medical devices referenced, the instructions provided with the medical device should be taken as accurate."
4. Connections using Fresenius Medical Care products Connections using Fresenius Medical Care products Note: for clarity the model is shown not wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). Follow your facilitys policies and procedures for use of personal protective equipment. It is vital to maintain sterility of the connectors during connection procedures.
5. Safe-Lock Systems Safe-Lock Systems Please note Safe-Lock systems include: 1. Delflex Premier Plus exchange set 2. Freedom Y-set with snap disconnect 3. All Freedom cycler tubing sets 4. Newton cycler set with safe lock connectors 5. 8 Lead Safe-Lock Manifold set
6. Safe-Lock Connections Safe-Lock Connections The patients Safe-Lock connector or extension set will look like one of the above. These are photos of the patient catheter or catheter extension set with a tubing segment secured with a DEL-CLAMP clamp attached . Patient catheter or extension tubing segment with Del-clamp Catheter adapter on catheter 4 inch convertible extension set Extension set with roller clamp Premier transfer set
7. Safe-Lock patient to stay safe system Safe-Lock patient to stay safe system Safe-Lock PD system stay safe System stay safe Extension Set with Safe-Lock patient connector A stay safe Extension Set with Safe-Lock patient connector will allow the patient with a Fresenius Safe-Lock PD system to use stay safe supplies while in the hospital .
8. Safe-Lock patient to stay safe system Safe-Lock patient to stay safe system Gather supplies stay safe supplies for procedure. stay safe Extension Set with Safe- Lock patient connector 12 inches (P/N 050-95001) or 18 inches (P/N 050-95002)
9. Safe-Lock patient to stay safe system Safe-Lock patient to stay safe system Remove the tubing segment secured with a DEL-CLAMP clamp from the patients catheter and attach the stay safe Extension Set. Add povidone iodine solution to the top of threads in the disinfectant chamber. Proceed with the staysafe exchange procedure. Segment secured with Del- clamp Disinfectant chamber
10. DISCHARGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CONNECTIONS DISCHARGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CONNECTIONS The patient should return to his/her home or clinic with the additional extension in place. This practice will allow the patient to return home and resume dialysis without interruption. Instruct the patient to remove any adaptors added to their extension set at the beginning of the next exchange or as directed by the PD clinic nurse.
11. Select the catheter or transfer set used by the patient . Select the System the Hospital Uses Catheter or Transfer Set or or With Luer- Lock Adapter Titanium With Safe- Lock Adapter With Baxter Transfer Set With Fresenius Safe-Lock transfer Set With Fresenius Stay-Safe Transfer Set Hospital Uses Baxter Supplies Add Baxter Transfer Set 5C4484 Add FMC Universal Connector 050-30026 or pre-filled 050-30031 No Change Needed Add FMC Convertible Adapter 050- 40393 and Baxter 5C4484 Add StaySafe Luer Lock Adapter 4 050-95003 Hospital Uses Fresenius (FMC) Safe- Lock Supplies Add Safe-Lock Transfer Set with Luer Lock Adapter 050-30034 No Change Needed OR Add a FMC Safe- Lock Transfer Set with a Safe-Lock Adapter Add Convertible Extension 050-40026 No Change Needed Add 4 StaySafe Safe-Lock Adapter 050-95006 Hospital Uses FMC Stay-Safe Supplies Add Stay Safe Extension Set with Luer lock Patient Connector 050-95004 Add Stay Safe Extension Set with Safe lock Patient Connector 050-95001 Add Stay Safe Luer Lock Adapter 050-95003 and a Baxter Transfer Set 5C4484 Add Stay Safe Extension set with Safe-Lock Patient connector 050-95001 No Change Needed Choose the type of catheter or transfer set and the type of system utilized. Look down the column and across the row to the adapter needed. Click on the icon in the box to take you to the procedure
12. Please contact your Fresenius Clinical Sales Representative at 1-800-662-1237 if you have questions regarding the use of a Fresenius PD system or adapter.
13. CD Available through Customer Service 800-323-5188 (P/N # 100676-01)