City of Eloy Parks and Open Space Element Plan
This plan showcases the existing character of Eloy's seven park facilities and two community centers, comprising 143 acres. It also outlines the city's open space goals and objectives, and the implementation plan for its parks and open space elements.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About City of Eloy Parks and Open Space Element Plan
PowerPoint presentation about 'City of Eloy Parks and Open Space Element Plan'. This presentation describes the topic on This plan showcases the existing character of Eloy's seven park facilities and two community centers, comprising 143 acres. It also outlines the city's open space goals and objectives, and the implementation plan for its parks and open space elements.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Eloy, parks, open space, community centers, implementation plan,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
4. CITY OF ELOY PARKS AND OPEN SPACE ELEMENT
5. Open Space Element Existing Character Parks & Open Space Goals & Objectives Parks & Open Space Plan Open Space Implementation
6. Existing Character The City of Eloy owns and maintains: Seven park facilities Two community centers Comprising 14.3 acres
7. Parks, Recreation Facility, and Open Space Type Recommended Standard/Population Year 2010 Population Current Level Of Service Surplus or (Deficiency) Parks Mini Park .10/1,000 1.6 Acres 2.1 Acres .5 Acres Neighborhood Park 70/1,000 11.2 Acres 11.3 Acres .1 Acres Community Park 2.20/1,000 35.1 Acres 0 Acres (35Acres) Total Park 3.0/1,000 47.9 Acres 14.8 Acres (34.5 Acres) Recreation Facility Urban Multi-Purpose Trail System 1 Mile/2,000 7.9 Miles 0 Miles (7.9 Miles) Swimming 1 Pool/5,000 3 pools 1 pool (2 pools) Softball/Baseball 1 Diamonds/2,500 6 Diamonds 7 Diamonds 1 Diamond Soccer/Football 1 Field/10,000 1 Field 3 Fields 2 Fields Basketball 1 Court/2,500 6 Courts 16 Courts 9 Courts Volleyball 1 Court/2,500 3 Courts 4 Courts 1 Court Tennis 1 Court/5,000 3 Courts 8 Courts 5 Courts Skateboard Park 1 Facility/25,000 1 Facility 1 Facility 1 Facility Recreation Center 1 Facility/15,000 1 Facility 1 Facility 0 Facility Golf Course 1-18 Hole Course/25,000 1 Facility 1 Facility 0 Facility Open Space Natural Area Open Space Varies Varies 0 Acres NA Greenways Varies Varies 0 Acres NA Open Space Total 3.0/1,000 47.9 Acres 0 Acres (47.9 Acres)
8. Parks & Open Space Goal To provide a linked network of open space areas throughout the community that enhance the quality of life, protect the environment, and provide a mixture of active and passive recreation opportunities.
9. Objectives, Measures & Policies Open space access Preserve and enhance existing natural open space & recreation areas. Number of access points to open space. The City shall work with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the Arizona State Land Department (ASLD) to obtain funding for recreational & open space improvements Park land enhance- ment Ensure that parks & open space are an integral component of all new development. Amount of improved parks and open space acreage. The City should establish and adopt standards & procedures for the dedication of appropriate land for open space and parks. Open Space Connections Retain and integrate key open space areas in the community through connected multi- purpose trails and parks Miles of connected multi-purpose trails and acres of new park land. The City should prepare a Trails Master Plan so that future development will have the ability to incrementally provide multi-purpose trails that will connect with a community-wide network.
10. Parks and Open Space Plan By the year 2010, The City of Eloy faces the challenge of designing and developing an additional 18.3 acres, which would produce a total of nearly 48 acres of parks land.
11. Short and Long-Term Needs Timeframe Mini Park Neighborhood Park Community Park Total Projected Need Acreage Per Park Projected Need Acreage Per Park Projected Need Acreage Per Park Parks Acreage (1) Year 2010 1 0.6 0 0 2 16.25 3 33.1 (2) Buildout 9 1.0 13 5 13 16.25 35 285.3 (1) 15,943 (2) 95,024 1 Projected Population 2 Projected Buildout of Incorporated Area Source: BRW, Inc. July 2001
12. Proposed Park/Rec and Trails Areas Irrigation Canal Trail System Multi-Purpose Urban Trail System Eloy Airport Airspace Park Growth Area Park Development
13. Current Projects Wilson Park Toltec Fire Station Park Community Center Park Eloy Community Center
14. Summary Identified Needs Established Goals Formulated a plan Implementation