Securing Your Future: Why Your Pension Matters
Don't let your future wait. This article highlights the importance of maintaining a defined benefit pension plan and how it can provide security, simplicity, and control for your retirement.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Securing Your Future: Why Your Pension Matters
PowerPoint presentation about 'Securing Your Future: Why Your Pension Matters'. This presentation describes the topic on Don't let your future wait. This article highlights the importance of maintaining a defined benefit pension plan and how it can provide security, simplicity, and control for your retirement.. The key topics included in this slideshow are pension, retirement, defined benefit, security, simplicity,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Some things can wait your future isnt one of them. Some things can wait your future isnt one of them.
2. LIFE COMES AT YOU FAST Get ready now. Be ready later.
3. Security Simplicity Control Do it for yourself
4. 50% 33% 84,000 Will your pension be enough? 1)Source: NCPERS Research Series: The Top Ten Advantages of Maintaining Defined Benefit Pensions. May 2007 2)Source: Secrets to Living Longer With Barbara Walters, ABC News Special, www.abcnews.com, April 2008 3)Source: Testimony of Dallas L. Salisbury, President, Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) to House Ways and Means Committee. 1997 Average annual public pension % ending salary after 25-years service 1 People over 100 years-old in the U.S. 2 Greater confidence in UFOs than Social Security 3 55% 50,000 25%
5. Employer-sponsored Group pricing Investment selection Experience of Nationwide Your employer can help
6. Assumes an annual income of $38,000 and a 25% tax rate. Withdrawals are taxed as ordinary income. Neither Nationwide or its representatives give tax or legal advice. = In account Out of take-home pay $75 from your take-home pay is $100 in your account $75 from your take-home pay is $100 in your account Money goes in before taxes come out
7. Compounding can help you reach your goals This illustration is a hypothetical compounding example that assumes bi-weekly deferrals of $100 (for 35 years) at an 7% annual effective rate of return. It illustrates the principle of time and compounding. It is not intended to predict or project the investment results of any specific investment. Investment returns are not guaranteed and will vary according to market experience. If fees, taxes and expenses were reflected, the hypothetical returns would be less. $ from 7% growth (average rate of return) $100 from Chriss pay (principal) $91,000 Principal Principal x 1 Principal x 2 Principal x 3 Principal x 4 Growth $371,370 Chriss account Chriss account Balance after 35 years
8. $100 per bi-weekly pay, 7% hypothetical growth rate until age 65 Starts at age 30 Stops at age 40 Contributes for 10 years Starts at age 40 Stops at age 65 Contributes for 25 years Jane Jane Don Don $201,453 $ 169,917 invested $ 26,000 invested $ 65,000 This illustration is a hypothetical compounding calculation assuming a rate of return of 7%. It is not intended to serve as a projection or prediction of the investment results of any specific investments. Investments are not guaranteed. Depending on the underlying investments, returns may be higher or lower. If fees and expenses had been considered in this illustration, the return would have been less. Interest compounded annually based on bi-weekly contributions. Starting early can have a lasting impact
9. Its your moneyyoure in control Investing involves risk including possible loss of principal You decide how much to invest Start or stop any time Make changes in-person, online or by phone Emergency withdrawals
10. You decide how to invest Conservative investments typically have less growth (and loss) potential than more aggressive investments -5% +5% +15% -15% +25% -25% -1% +3% Conservative Aggressive This illustration is not intended to serve as a projection or prediction of the investment results of any specific investments. Investments are not guaranteed. The use of asset allocation does not guarantee profits or insulate from losses in a down market.
11. You decide where to invest Fund prospectuses can be obtained by calling 800-891-4749. Before investing, carefully consider the funds investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses. The fund prospectus contains this and other important information. Read prospectuses carefully before investing. Investing involves market risk including possible loss of principal. Confident choosing & managing investments Want professional asset allocation Want automatic re-balancing Want to hire experts to actively manage your investments Nationwide ProAccount Nationwide Investor Destinations Do it yourself Nationwide Target Destinations
12. Some things can wait Your future isnt one of them. Some things can wait Your future isnt one of them.
13. Do it for yourself 1. Decide how much to invest 2. Choose what to invest in Information provided by Retirement Specialists is for educational purposes only and is not intended as investment advice. Professional money management for Nationwide ProAccount is provided by Nationwide Investment Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor. Nationwide Investment Advisors, LLC, has hired Wilshire Associates as the independent financial expert. Retirement Specialists are registered representatives of Nationwide Investment Services Corporation, member FINRA. In MI only Nationwide Investment Svcs Corporation 2008 Nationwide. One Nationwide blvd. Cols.OH 43215. Nationwide, the Nationwide framemark, On Your Side and Life Comes at You Fast are federally registered service marks of Nationwide mutual insurance company. Two easy decisions to make today NRM-4952AO.2 (06/08)
18. Simplify with a single account Qualified retirement plans, deferred compensation plans and individual retirement accounts are all different, including fees and when you can access funds. Assets rolled-over from your account(s) may be subject to surrender charges, other fees and/or a 10% penalty if withdrawn before age 59.