Understanding the Five Types of Conflicts in a Story
Conflict is the driving force behind a story. Learn about the five types of conflicts that characters face and how they impact the plot.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Understanding the Five Types of Conflicts in a Story
PowerPoint presentation about 'Understanding the Five Types of Conflicts in a Story'. This presentation describes the topic on Conflict is the driving force behind a story. Learn about the five types of conflicts that characters face and how they impact the plot.. The key topics included in this slideshow are conflict, types of conflict, internal conflict, external conflict, person vs self, person vs person, person vs society, person vs nature, person vs fate,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Types of Conflicts
2. What is a conflict ? A problem that characters face in a story. Often the climax of the story is connected to the solution to a conflict. There are five types of conflicts.
3. Person Vs. Self When a character has problem inside of themselves, an internal conflict Examples A small boy trains to make the team A girl learns to respect herself
4. Person Vs. Person When a character has a problem with another character Example Two girls fight over a boy
5. Person Vs. Nature When a character has a problem with weather, animals, or hunger. Example An Eskimo must fish in extreme cold to feed his baby.
6. Person Vs. Society A character struggles against an issue affecting an entire community. Examples A woman refuses to move to the back of a bus because of the color of her skin. A group of students fight the school over the dress code.
7. Person Vs. Supernatural A character has a problem with ghosts, monsters, or things not of this world. Super = Beyond Natural = this world Example A child thinks that his house is haunted...