BT's Innovation in Public Services discussed in LGC Future Leaders Network event
Simon Yellowley, BTGS Regional Director, discussed the company's innovative approach in providing public services in an exclusive LGC Future Leaders Network event held under commercial confidence.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About BT's Innovation in Public Services discussed in LGC Future Leaders Network event
PowerPoint presentation about 'BT's Innovation in Public Services discussed in LGC Future Leaders Network event'. This presentation describes the topic on Simon Yellowley, BTGS Regional Director, discussed the company's innovative approach in providing public services in an exclusive LGC Future Leaders Network event held under commercial confidence.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. IN COMMERCIAL CONFIDENCE © BRITISH TELCOMMUNICATIONS Innovation in Public Services LGC Future Leaders Network Simon Yellowley BTGS Regional Director NEY&H Local Gov 19 /03/2012
2. BT Mobility - 2 Technical Innovation in Public Services WHAT is Technology Innovation? Historical – Innovation Quiz WHY is it relevant to Public Services? Today – Consumerisation of IT – BYOD, Social Media & Learnanytime HOW will technology change in the next 25 years Future – BT’s Technology timeline Question & Answers
3. BT Mobility - 3 Film clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN3hF8dX8TM
4. BT Mobility - 4 – To work for an organisation that does something they believe in – Develop new skills and interesting career prospects – Initiate their own learning and development – Blend their private and working lives to work when, where and how they want – Un-tethered workspace – Device freedom – Application freedom 2020 - 5 generations working side-by-side 1. The traditionalists (born before 1946) 2. The baby boomers (1946-1964) 3. Generation X (1965-1976) 4. The millenial / net generation (1977-1997) 5. Generation 2020 (born after 1997) Millenial’s want:
5. BT Mobility - 5 Bring Your Own Device: Culture change • I prefer to use familiar technology – allows me to be more productive • Employer provided equipment is too old or too slow • I prefer to use tools that fit my needs • My choice shows who I am • My managers do it, why shouldn’t I? • I want to improve my work/life balance • I want freedom & flexibility – to do my work when, where and how I want • I want to make my life easier by using the same device for business and personal use Source: http://news.citrixonline.com/news_release/Consumerisation-of-Technology-Driving-Dramatic-Productivity-Gains-in-One-in-Three-Businesses/?p=1988 Quote source: http://www.isaca.org/About-ISACA/Press-room/News-Releases/2011/Pages/ISACA-Survey-Bring-Your-Own-Device-BYOD-Trend-Heightens-UK-Online-Shopping- Risk.aspx
6. BT Mobility - 6 Productivity and flexibility benefits Source: IDC 2011 Consumerization of IT Study, http://idc.cycloneinteractive.net/unisys-iview-2011/en/ Places from which iWorkers have sent/received email, Facebook posts or texts for business
7. BT Mobility - 7 From flexible working to social networking • BT is a pioneer in flexible working • 2009 - Knowledge Management & Collaboration Strategy launched • And today : – We have rich set of internal wikis and blogs – Employees are encouraged to share what they know and participate in online communities BT Home Welcome to BT Blog Central Route2Learn
8. BT Mobility - 8 Film clip http://www.globalservices.bt.com/uk/en/casestudy/elthor ne_park_high_school
10. BT Mobility - 10 2009 3M Apps 2010 5Bn Apps “It’s all about data centre infrastructure” “It’s a network infrastructure problem” “It’s a security issue” “Let’s define the problem and come up with a solution” “It’s all about your mobility ecosystem” “It’s an application problem” Maximise productivity, flexibility, talent, satisfaction & costs
12. BT Mobility - 12