Understanding Web Search Engines
Learn about web search engines and how they use algorithms to search for information on the World Wide Web and FTP servers, presenting a list of hits that may include web pages, images, and other types of files.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Understanding Web Search Engines
PowerPoint presentation about 'Understanding Web Search Engines'. This presentation describes the topic on Learn about web search engines and how they use algorithms to search for information on the World Wide Web and FTP servers, presenting a list of hits that may include web pages, images, and other types of files.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. By Heyda Javier
3. What is a Web Search Engine? A web search engine is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web and FTP servers. The search results are generally presented in a list of results and are often called hits . The information may consist of web pages , images, information and other types of files. Some search engines also mine data available in databases or open directories . Unlike Web directories , which are maintained by human editors, search engines operate algorithmically (math)or are a mixture of algorithmic and human input.
4. Introducing Exalead CloudView CloudView is a one of a kind search engine that collects unstructured and structured data from any source, in any format and in any volume, and automatically transforms it into a single structure information resource. This resource, which continually evolves and adapts as your data evolves, can be directly searched or used to develop innovative business applications.
5. Core Services: Collect, Process, Access, Interact The CloudView platform is composed of four core services operating within a secure framework: • Service 1: COLLECT Collects unstructured and structured data from internal and external sources • Service 2: PROCESS Transforms the data collected into a single structured resource • Service 3: ACCESS Updates the enhanced data and processes user and application queries • Service 4: INTERACT Provides interaction via a customizable Web interface or visual dashboards
7. Exalead Cloudview • Deals with more than 250 companies worldwide, and 100 million unique users a month rely on Exalead's information access platform to search, discover, and manage their information assets for faster, smarter decision-making, real-time unified data access, and improved productivity.
9. These are some of the leading companies Exalead CloudView deals with: AFP AGENCE France-Presse AFP, is one of the three largest global news agencies. Its location is in France. It provides news and its pictures as soon as it happens. American Greetings Is a corporation which manufacturer social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships with others. M. DuMont Schauberg Founded in 1802, M. DuMont Schauberg (MDS) is the third largest newspaper publisher in Germany. They turned to Exalead, and dramatically improved both search functionality and performance.
10. Here are a few more companies Friendster Is a leading global online social network, with extreme scalability, computerization and a wide range of advanced information access capabilities. LAGARDERE The Lagardère group develops, promotes and disseminates information and culture across five continents. It is a market leader in the book publishing, distribution, press and audiovisual sectors.
11. The University of Sunderland has also join with Exalead CloudView. The University of Sunderland which is locate in the United Kingdom and the student body are mostly foreigners, is using its CloudView solution to provide accurate, meaningful search results across its extensive academic and operational databases, as well as logging attendance via electronic swipe card data.
12. What is great about Exalead CloudView? It has differentiate technology. It has clear vision into the future. They have a strong presence in Europe.