The Prophecies of Amos.
Amos saw visions concerning Israel during the reigns of Uzziah and Jeroboam. He gazed at them with pleasure and prophesied what he saw. This was two years before the earthquake.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About The Prophecies of Amos.
PowerPoint presentation about 'The Prophecies of Amos.'. This presentation describes the topic on Amos saw visions concerning Israel during the reigns of Uzziah and Jeroboam. He gazed at them with pleasure and prophesied what he saw. This was two years before the earthquake.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
2. The words of Amos, who was among the sheepbreeders of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, two years before the earthquake. Amos I:1 NKJV
3. which he saw concerning Israel H2372 cha za h khaw-zaw A primitive root; to gaze at; mentally to perceive, contemplate (with pleasure); specifically to have a vision of: - behold, look, prophesy, provide, see.
4. God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1 Cor 1:27 KJV
5. "I was no prophet, nor was I a son of a prophet, But I was a sheep breeder and a tender of sycamore fruit. Then the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said to me, 'Go, prophesy to My people Israel.' Amos 7:14-15 NKJV Sycamore Fruit
6. Tekoa , a small town of Judah, six miles southeast from Bethlehem, and twelve miles from Jerusalem
7. The tradition of the Jews is that it happened just at the time when Uzziah presumptuously invaded the priest's office and went in to burn incense, 2Chr 26:16. By it half of a mountain was removed and carried to a plain four furlongs off; and it spoiled the king's gardens. Josephus Antiq. 9.225
8. 1. warnings against the neighbouring nations that were enemies to Israel Chap 1&2 2. judges them for their idolatry, their unworthy walking under the favours that God had bestowed upon them, and their inability to change under his judgments. Chap 3&4
9. 3. to repentance rejecting their hypocritical sacrifices Chap 5-7 4. Gods Judgements upon them Chap 8 5. Setting up of the Messiah's kingdom Chap 9
10. Thus says the LORD concerning all My wicked neighbors who strike at the inheritance with which I have endowed My people Israel, "Behold I am about to uproot them from their land and will uproot the house of Judah from among them. (Jer 12:14 NASB)
11. Damascus: Because they threshed Gilead with implements of sharp Iron (Amos 1:3 NASB)
12. Gaza::because they deported an entire population To deliver it up to Edom (Amos 1:6 NASB) Tyre:: Because they delivered up an entire population to Edom and did not remember the covenant of brotherhood.(Amo 1:9 NASB) Edom: Because they ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead In order to enlarge their borders. (Amo 1:13 NASB) Moab: Because he burned the bones of the king of Edom to lime. (Amo 2:1 NASB)
13. Judah: Because they rejected the law of the LORD And have not kept His statutes; Their lies also have led them astray... (Amos 2:4 NASB) Israel :Because they sell the righteous for money And the needy for a pair of sandals. These who pant after the very dust of the earth on the head of the helpless also turn aside the way of the humble; And a man and his father resort to the same girl In order to profane My holy name. (Amos 2:6-7 NASB)
14. . "But you made the Nazirites drink wine, and you commanded the prophets saying, 'You shall not prophesy!' (Amos 2:12 NASB) Hear this word which the LORD has spoken against you, sons of Israel, against the entire family which He brought up from the land of Egypt: "You only have I chosen among all the families of the earth; Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." (Amos 3:1-2 NASB)
15. "'IT WAS NOT TO ME THAT YOU OFFERED VICTIMS AND SACRIFICES FORTY YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS, WAS IT, O HOUSE OF ISRAEL? 'YOU ALSO TOOK ALONG THE TABERNACLE OF MOLOCH AND THE STAR OF THE GOD ROMPHA, THE IMAGES WHICH YOU MADE TO WORSHIP. I ALSO WILL REMOVE YOU BEYOND BABYLON.' (Act 7:42,43 NASB)
16. 'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return, AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN, AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS, AND I WILL RESTORE IT, SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,' (Act 15:16-17 NASB)
17. The Church of Laodicea I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," (Rev 3:17 NASB) buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. (Rev 3:18 NASB) 'I will spit you out of My mouth. (Rev 3:16 NASB)
18. He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. (Rev 3:21 NASB)