The Importance of Church Sacraments
Discover the significance of Church sacraments, which are visible signs of invisible grace and are administered by priests. The Holy Spirit also works through these sacraments to bless, comfort, teach, and guide us towards the truth.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About The Importance of Church Sacraments
PowerPoint presentation about 'The Importance of Church Sacraments'. This presentation describes the topic on Discover the significance of Church sacraments, which are visible signs of invisible grace and are administered by priests. The Holy Spirit also works through these sacraments to bless, comfort, teach, and guide us towards the truth.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Church sacraments, visible signs, invisible grace, Holy Spirit, blessings, comfort, teachings, truth,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
2. The Church Sacrament is an invisible grace we receive by practicing a visible rite, and a visible sign or substance performed by a priest.
3. The Holy Spirit works in the Church through the Sacraments, giving us His gifts, blessing and comfort, and teaches us and guides us to the way of truth. (John 14:26) but the comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the father will send in My name, He will teach you all things .I said to you
4. What Are The Sacraments? What are the visible substances of the Sacraments?
5. In the Baptism the substance is Water by which we receive the second birth from water and Spirit.
7. In the confirmation the substance is the oil of Myron, by which the Holy Spirit dwells in us.
8. The sign of the Sacrament of confession is the confessing person , who accepts the prayer of absolution at the end of Confession to gain forgiveness of sins.
10. The substance of the Sacrament of Communion is the bread and wine , by which we eat the Holy Body and Precious Blood of Emmanuel our God.
12. The substance of the Sacrament of Unction of sick is oil , by which we receive physical and psychological remedy.
13. The sign of the Sacrament of Matrimony is the bride and groom who receive the prayers, so the Holy Spirit dwells upon them and unites them in body and spirit.
15. The sign of the Sacrament of Priesthood is the ordained person ,, who accepts the prayers of the Sacrament of Priesthood and the laying of hands for a certain priestly rank, to gain the grace for starting church services
16. Instituted by the Lord Jesus by His Baptism in the River Jordan and by His words to Nicodemus saying.
17. - Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God . Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God (John 3). And by saying to the Fathers the Apostles, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). By Baptism we are made children of God our father, and this is imperishable.
18. Instituted by the Lord Jesus when He said: If anyone thirsts let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. (John 7:37
19. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive ; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (John 7:37-39). About the Sacrament of Confirmation, In the Book of Acts it is mentioned: Now when the Apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the Word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them
20. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:14-17). By Chrism we are made soldiers of our great King, and this is imperishable.
21. Instituted by the Lord Jesus when He said to His disciples: Assuredly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven (Matthew 18:18)
22. And after Resurrection Jesus said, As the Father has sent me, I also send you and when had said this, He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them, if you retain the sins of any, they are retained (John 20:21-22).
23. Take eat, this is My Body. (Mark 14:22-24)
24. Instituted by the Lord Jesus in the upper room in Zion, on the night of His passion when He took bread , blessed it and broke it, and gave it to His disciples saying, Take eat, this is My Body. Then He took the cup , and they all drank from it and He said to them This is My Blood of the new covenant which is shed for many (Mark 14:22-24)
25. Instituted by the Lord Jesus when He said to His disciples, Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers (Matthew 10:8) ,
26. and, Whatever city you enter heal the sick who are there (Luke 10:8). The Apostles then put the Lords words into practice: They anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them (Mark 6:13). Our teacher St. James the Apostle advised believers to practice it, by saying, Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders (Priests) of the Church , and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven ( James 5:14-15).
27. Instituted by the Lord Jesus who blessed the Sacrament of Matrimony by attending the wedding of Cana of Galilee
28. where He manifested His Glory, 11 This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. ( John 2:1-11) Also, our teacher St. Paul says, 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church .(Ephesians 5:32) . This means that the physical union between a man and his wife is a sign and symbol of a great spiritual matter, that is, of the unity of heart and soul, resembling the unity of Christ and the Church.
29. Instituted by the Lord Jesus when He chose His twelve disciples among many of His followers, and called them Apostles. The selection was accomplished after a whole night of prayer, when the Lord Jesus went out to the mountain to pray (Luke 6:12-13)
30. These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand . (Matthew 10:5-7). The Lord said to them 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you .(John 15:16)
31. He gave them the authority Matthew18: 18 Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. After the resurrection, the lord ( John 20:22,23) And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them , Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained
32. And to them only, He said 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying , All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go there- fore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you ; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:18-20).
33. There are four redemptive Sacraments .They are necessary for eternal salvation 1. Baptism. 2. Confirmation. 3. Confession 4. Communion . 5. Sacrament of The Unction of the Sick 6. Sacrament of The Holy Matrimony 7. Sacrament of priesthood.
34. Certain church Sacraments are performed with an imperishable 1. Baptism. 2. Confirmation. 3. Priesthood But the rest 0f the Sacraments are performed repeatedly as needed.