ERT's PIM Process Revolutionizes the Use of Recycled Plastics
ERT's Powder Impression Moulding (PIM) process is changing the game in recycling, creating high-quality plastic products from recycled materials.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About ERT's PIM Process Revolutionizes the Use of Recycled Plastics
PowerPoint presentation about 'ERT's PIM Process Revolutionizes the Use of Recycled Plastics'. This presentation describes the topic on ERT's Powder Impression Moulding (PIM) process is changing the game in recycling, creating high-quality plastic products from recycled materials.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Environmental Recycling Technologies plc (ERT) The Powder Impression Moulding (PIM) Process Revolutionising the use of recycled plastics
2. Who are ERT plc? We are a leading developer of innovative technologies specifically focusing on plastic waste recycling. The company holds the world wide intellectual property rights to a number of technologies related to this sector including the PIM Process. ERT licences the right to use these technologies around the globe. ERT is listed on AiM (ENRT) in the United Kingdom.
3. What is Powder Impression Moulding? The PIM Process allows businesses to improve their environmental footprint by adding new value to mixed plastic waste streams by conversion into added value products, which in turn can be recycled.
4. Profit from Recycling The PIM Process can utilise mixed plastic waste with a high level of contaminants. Waste plastics require limited to no segregation, reducing costs, providing a low cost raw material which in turn improves product profit margins.
5. Profit from Recycling The PIM process works by melting and fusing thermoplastic rich powder. This powder is applied to the open surfaces of heated moulds. The products made using the PIM Process are themselves recyclable and can be reused as a feedstock to make new products.
6. Profit from Recycling A core material of mixed plastics is added along with any further components such as reinforcements or fixings. On further processing a composite material is formed comprising solid skins fused to a closed cell foam core.
7. Through material selection and by adjusting the process conditions the density and properties of the composite material can be manipulated. Profit from Recycling By utilising open moulds it is possible to form composites with different skins on each surface with different material properties and colours. Both the skins and core of the product can be made from virgin or mixed recycled plastic.
8. Profit from Recycling The PIM Process is having a revolutionary effect on the waste plastics industry as it offers operators a range of benefits for plastic recycling. Every PIM Process plastic recycling line is custom built to meet our client’s requirements.
9. Profit from Recycling The equipment is designed and supplied in a modular format to allow true flexibility and provide maximum production efficiency.
10. The Ultimate Investment in plastic recycling technology The PIM Process can be used in a variety of industries where companies require an affordable solution to minimise the impact of their plastic waste. The process can cost effectively convert low value plastic waste streams into saleable product with a number of value added features. The process is capable of producing large scale moulded products .
11. Profit from Recycling Some materials can exhibit excellent mechanical, thermal and sound insulation properties as well as being light-weight. This makes it ideal for a number of applications in the Construction Industry. The waste materials generated on their construction sites is often difficult and costly to recycle due to the variety of materials used.
12. Construction Industry The PIM Process is capable of utilising a majority of these waste materials available and re-manufactures usable products that enable this sector to minimise its environmental impact.
13. Automotive Sector End of vehicle life directives have made the automotive industry look at developing innovative products from the materials that are extracted from vehicles that are no longer economical to repair or scrapped. The PIM Process is capable of utilising these materials into new automotive components thus assisting the automotive sector to meet current and future legislation.
15. Consumer Waste – an ideal feed stock Householder waste streams are a source of mixed plastic waste materials that often get sent direct to landfill sites or incinerated at Energy from Waste plants. There is an estimated 2.9 million tonnes per annum of domestic mixed plastic waste generated in the United kingdom alone. The PIM Process can utilise these materials and manufacture a variety of added value products for resale.
16. Using PIM to recycle WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Our PIM Process technology allows recyclers the ability to manufacture products using polymer feedstock reclaimed from WEEE materials to reduce the environmental impact upon our local communities. The PIM Process offers a technology to produce eco friendly products enabling licensees the flexibility to utilise up to 85% of WEEE polymer recyclate by volume within fully recyclable new moulded PIM product. PIM does not require the extensive refinement or segregation of mixed polymers. This provides uses for up to 100% of the polymers generated by WEEE recycling.This creates a new and valuable market for WEEE waste.
17. The recycling process First Stage Bulk arrives Second Stage Material crushed Third Stage Powder/ granules The powder is then used as a raw material feed stock to the PIM Process. This offers a economically and environmentally sustainable process capable of converting non-segregated polymer rich recyclate into value added products opening new market opportunities.
18. ERT plc working alongside its technical and commercial partners can offer clients the complete total solution package ranging from material analysis, prototyping, mould design & bespoke production equipment supply. ERT has a collaboration agreement with Arup a Global Engineering Consultancy firm. Technical & Commercial collaboration
19. PIM economically produces added value end products from low value waste plastic which would otherwise be incinerated or sent to land fill. PIM products are typically lighter, easier to handle, very robust, and which are low to no maintenance. Through product design At end of life PIM products are totally recyclable. PIM Summarised
20. Interested in learning more? Environmental Recycling Technologies plc 78 York Street London W1H 1DP United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0) 20 7692 7002 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7692 7003 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.ertplc.com