The Power of Perspective
A man's simple act of kindness towards a blind boy leads to a shift in perspective, demonstrating that there is always a way to make a difference.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About The Power of Perspective
PowerPoint presentation about 'The Power of Perspective'. This presentation describes the topic on A man's simple act of kindness towards a blind boy leads to a shift in perspective, demonstrating that there is always a way to make a difference.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. THERE IS A WAY
2. A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said:
3. A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. There were only a few coins in the hat.
4. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by will see the new words.
5. Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.
6. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, ”Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?” That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were.
7. The man said, “I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a way.”
8. What he had written was: "Today is a day and I cannot see it."
9. Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing? Of course both signs told people the boy was blind.
10. But the first sign simply told people to help by putting some money in the hat. The second sign told people that they were able to enjoy the beauty of the day, but the boy could not enjoy it because he was blind.
11. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?
12. There are at least two lessons we can learn from this simple story.
13. The first is, “Be thankful for what you have. Someone else has less. Help where you can.”
14. The second is, “Be . Be . Think . THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY!”