Tactical Calendar and Staff IPR Agenda
This tactical calendar outlines daily staff meetings including OPORD briefings, AARs, SITREPs, and training exercises such as the MINI EX and JCATS. The agenda also includes discussions on RFIs and the refinement of MDMP.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Tactical Calendar and Staff IPR Agenda
PowerPoint presentation about 'Tactical Calendar and Staff IPR Agenda'. This presentation describes the topic on This tactical calendar outlines daily staff meetings including OPORD briefings, AARs, SITREPs, and training exercises such as the MINI EX and JCATS. The agenda also includes discussions on RFIs and the refinement of MDMP.. The key topics included in this slideshow are staff IPR, tactical calendar, OPORD, AAR, SITREP,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Staff IPR
3. Agenda Purpose Agenda Tactical Calendar G3 Administrative Calendar XO Way Ahead EXCON ROE EXCON OIC LTC Schlang
4. Tactical Calendar * Occurs Daily Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 0800 OPORD Brief Format published 1300 Estonian BDE in COIC BDE to DIV / RFIs final TBD MND OPORD Brief Rehearsal in COIC internal * 1900- Staff Call / AAR in Issue, Discussion, Recommendation * 2000- Daily SITREP to JFHQ / TAG Daily *2000 - PERSTAT to 21 st TSC *0800 Calendar to Cmdr Time TBD: Opening Ceremony TBD MND OPORD to Cmdr 1830 VTC to 21 TSC Schedule Staff Briefs (5Ws to G3) Time TBD: Estonia Brigade Rock Drill Begin FRAGO production (3 required) MINI-EX MINI-EX Hotwash MESEL Team Reports to TARTU Cultural Day Academics/MDMP Refinement JCATS Training MINI-EX
5. Tactical Calendar * Occurs Daily 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 CPX Hasty-D COY Air Asslt SASO Counter Attack
6. Admin Calendar * Occurs Daily Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 * 1900- Staff Call * 2000- Daily SITREP to JFHQ *2000 - Daily PERSTAT to 21 st TSC Time TBD: Opening Ceremony PAOs to Adazi (LFX) Mayor s Cell Logistics run to Tallinn Time TBD: Tartu Trip (BALT DEF COL) 1000 - Domestic Operations Conference in Talinn MESEL Team Reports to TARTU Through 1500: Domestic Operations Conference in Talinn CWO Reports to Lasna Cultural Day 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 All Award Recommendations due to Mayor s Cell 2000- Awards Ceremony with Estonian Brigade 0000- Main Body Departs TAPA to RIGA 0600 Main Body Departs RIGA to CONUS 1 C17 (RON) @ Stugart, GE 1C17 Arrives CONUS @ Time TBD 0900 HICON AAR Rear Detachment Moves to Talinn Rear Det to CONUS 1 C17 Arrives CONUS @ Time TBD Rear Det Arrives CONUS @ 1900
7. G3 Guidance Orders Brief Monday Phase III Operations Battle Rhythm Classes COP OPSKED - inputs Reporting
8. COIC Room Setup 62 61 60 59 58 08 07 06 05 04 03 Operational Graphics Mission Tng Obj BDE / DIV Intent CCIR Force Structure Key Task By Phase MSEL DSM LNOs 62 61 60 59 58 08 07 06 05 04 03 JCATS Graphics Scrolling CUB 1. SIGACTs 2. CBT Power 3. PERSTAT 4. Weather Recorder G3 Battle NCO G3 / Air G2 Fires G4 G1 CIMIC ALO Cmdr XO G6 PMO ENG PAO
9. CPX Exercise Layout & Communications I US CAV I LTU INF I LVA INF I LVA ARTY I EST INF I EST ENG I I EST ADA I I EST RECCE I EST AT US CAV II LTU INF II LVA INF II LVA ARTY II EST INF II EST ARTY II EST ADA II EST EN II EST CSS II US HICON XX EXCON CPX EXCON SECONDARY TRAINING AUDIENCE COMPANY RESPONSE CELLS EST BDE X PRIMARY TRAINING AUDIENCE S IM S IM S IM S IM II TARTU EST SIM CTR TAPA TNG AREA EST Phone DSL SIM Phone, DSL, Harris Harris Radio, Phone, DSL EXCON FWD CJTF Phone, DSL, VTC CPN / SNAP - Admin LASNA EST ARTY EST CSS I DIV & DL
10. CJTF CJTF BDE SIM CENTER Exercise Command and Control CJTF CPX WHITE CELL MSEL O/Cs EX DIR Multinational Bde (+) Life Support Tapa Tartu Amari K2 ADMIN / Life Support Liaison Legend Training Audience MG Piggee, 21 st TSC CDR COL Sirel, Estonian Land Forces CDR Command and Control* Unit * For purpose of exercise BG Hilty, Site Co-Director COL Tiganik, Site Co-Director EXCON SIM CTR HICON MND / 28 ID LOCON FTX WHITE CELL OPFOR BN HQs BN HQs BN HQs LOCON LOCON LOCON Operational C2 (within the simulation) HICON MND / 28 ID
11. CPX Exercise Control Concept HICON (MND) XX EXCON MN BDE X S IM FWD S IM FWD S IM S IM II TARTU EST SIM CTR TAPA EXCON FWD LASNA BNs II BNs II BNs II BNs II I COs EXCON FWD pax (2) - Coordinate with SIM CTR for SIM REQTs - Manage Inject Implementation - Direct Magic Moves per EXCON guidance - Manage & Direct DIV assets (air, fires, intel) BN Command Posts - Receive guidance from BDE via Harris / DSL - C2 CO response cells in TARTU using EST Phone, DSL MN BDE - Receive guidance from MND (HICON) via DSL, Phone - C2 BNs in TAPA via Harris / DSL - C2 BDE asset response cells in Tartu via phone, DSL - Receive reports from DL response cells via phone CO Response Cells - Receive guidance from BNs via phone, DSL - Maneuver forces in JCATS SIM - Report to BN via phone - Execute injects as directed by EXCON FWD DIV Asset Response Cells - Receive guidance from EXCON FWD - Maneuver forces in JCATS SIM - Report to HICON, BDE, BN, CO as per mission - Execute injects as directed by EXCON FWD Defense League Cell - Maneuver forces in JCATS SIM - Report to BDE, BN as per mission - Execute injects as directed by EXCON FWD AIR / FIRES DL OPFOR Response Cells - Receive guidance from OPFOR CDR - Maneuver forces in JCATS SIM - Execute injects as directed by EXCON FWD EXCON (Exercise Director) - Control overall execution of CPX - Manage, coordinate MSEL injects - Shape events & OE to meet BDE Tng Objs - Manage OCs - Maintain JCATS COP HICON (MND) - C2 MN BDE via phone, DSL, Harris, serve as MND - Implement injects as MND, Flank, external unit - Develop products, field RFIs OPFOR CDR - Ensure OPFOR plan/ execution supports BDE Tng Objectives - Direct OPFOR execution at TARTU HICON (MND) XX AIR / FIRES DL
12. Brigade Training Objectives - Conduct the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) in order to plan and execute comprehensive and decisive operations in support of the Brigade Commanders intent - Conduct command post operations in order to maintain command and control at all echelons - Conduct a BDE defense in order to secure key terrain, population, and resources against a Hybrid Threat in order to set conditions for the transition to offensive operations . - Integrate synchronizing ISR - Integrate BDE level fires and attack / assault aviation to defend in depth. - Employ deep strike capabilities/assets to disrupt the enemy in depth along their avenues of approach before reaching the BDEs main defensive belt. - Conduct a BDE attack, integrating and synchronizing ISR, BDE level fires, attack and assault aviation, combined with mechanized forces against a Hybrid Threat in order to seize and retain key terrain, population, and/or infrastructure. - Conduct an Air Assault centered around one Infantry Battalion Task Force in order to seize and retain key terrain and/or resources until proper battle hand over to follow-on forces - Conduct Cyber defense operations in order to protect BDE network infrastructure and maintain command and control capability
13. Key Tasks associated with Training Objectives Conduct MDMP Conduct Command Post Operations / Operations Process Coordinate with Adjacent Units Conduct Defense Conduct Attack Conduct Air Assault Synchronize & Integrate ISR Synchronize Fires Synchronize Attack Aviation / Conduct Air-Ground Integration Synchronize Assault Aviation Employ Deep Strike Conduct Cyber Defense Plan for Stability Operations Plan Civil Military Operations
14. CPX Exercise Timeline CJTF EVENTS SIMUATION EVENTS RSOI May 12 May 12 Jun 12 Jun 12 EOC Redeploy EOC Arrival Academics/MDMP COMMEX / Mini-Ex CPX PARTICIPANTS HASTY DEFENSE COUNTER ATTACK SASO CULTURAL DAY EOC Setup FINAL AAR 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 JCATS TRAINING MAIN BODY ARRIVAL ADVON ARRIVAL MNB TO LASNA AIR ASSAULT MNB TO TAPA
15. 7 JUN ADVON Arrival (HICON 4, EXCON 2, 2CR 7) 9 JUN Main Body Arrival In-processing / Barracks Issue Response Cells report to Tartu 10JUN: In-briefs & Area Setup (US Response Cells report to Tartu) -Exercise Overview -Administrative Battle Rhythm (Reporting and Briefing Requirements) -Opening Ceremony 11 JUN Work area set-up, Establish Initial Comms, finalize exercise phonebook 12 JUN 0800-1200 Road to War / Scenario Overview 1300-1700 Country Unit Capabilities Overviews US / EST / LTU / LAT Continue to work Admin issues (phones, emails, accounts, workstations) 13 JUN 0800-1200 Combat Multipliers - Capabilities & Asset Requests- Processes (BDA/FIRES) 1300-1700 SOP / Manage Information / Reporting (2 hours DIV to BDE, 2 hours BDE to BN) - Report Submission - CCIR/SIGACT Reporting - RFIs - Orders Production / Distribution 14 JUN Estonian Commemoration Day (events TBD) - Comms Training (Harris Radio, Phones, Computer) - BDE movement to LASNA Continue to work Admin issues (phones, emails, accounts, workstations) 15JUN 0800-1200 Final COMMEX 1300-1700 Mini-Ex In-processing / Academics Timeline CJTF MND All MND HICON / BDE CPX All
16. 17 JUN 0800-1300 Warm-Up ISR, Recon, Deep Fires, Div assets not available 1300-2000 Enemy Main Body (MB) approach -Begin Counter Recon Fight -Air Assault (AA) FRAGO issued by Division 18 JUN Main Defensive Battle -Enemy Deep Operations -Preparing for AA (Planning and Battlefield Preparation) -BDE/BN preparing for AA FRAGO including delivering required briefing(s) 2030 - 21 00 Mid-point Hot Wash (OC) at Lasna 19 JUN Counter Attack -Forward Passage of lines -AA to secure key terrain -DIV SASO FRAGO issued -Enemy attempt to consolidate gains 20 JUN Continue MB attack to seize OBJs and restore international border BDE backbriefs DIV on SASO FRAGO 21 JUN Execute Stability Ops with military focus 2 nd Air Assault to quell civil unrest and secure key infrastructure ENDEX / Evening Hotwash 22 JUN 0800-1000 Final CPX AAR Scenario Timeline
17. Main Events & Storyline DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE STORY LINE Five years ago in Prnu County, the large Southland population segment created instability due to an increased state tax. Over the last 4 years, Southland has increasingly discredited Vironia concerning its internal policies oppressing minorities. Within the last year, elements of the Southland information campaign threatening use of military force to intervene. Currently , political dialogue has ceased and Southland has prepared forces to the South of the Vironian boarder. Vironian Defence Forces MN BDE and Coalition Stryker BCT conduct joint exercise in Tapa area as a conflict deterrence measure. Opposing Rapid Reaction forces are assembled near the borders of Vironia. The use of military force by Southland, under the name of a peace-keeping mission to protect the rights of their minority in Vironia, seems imminent. Vironian MN BDE and Stryker BCT stopped the exercise and have received orders to stage in proximity to the operations area. MAIN EVENTS 1 Nov 2011 , SIMM (South Independence Mass Movement) organized a large demonstration in Prnu. Ill-equipped Vironian police responded, killing 1 demonstrator and injuring dozens while dispersing the crowds. The Regional press coverage sharply criticized the excessive use of force. Dec 2011 , SIMM key leader arrested for organizing November protest. Jan 2012 , Southlands national day celebrations, demands the release of SIMM leader, threatening violence in Viljandi. Mar 2012 , gunman attacks MOD in Tallinn, two officials wounded.
18. SOUTHLAND ENEMY MOST LIKELY COA & END GOALS
19. SOUTHLAND Phase 1a Pre CPX transition to Combat and movement to AO o/a 15 June - MND Sentinel (28 th ID) is conducting Training Exercise when given OPORD directing real world defense (real OPORD issued end of March 12). - Final preparations for BDE (+) attack into Vironia
20. SOUTHLAND Phase 1b STARTEX Set / Establish Hasty Defense o/a 16 June - MND Sentinel (28 th ID) moves towards IBL - 1 st BDE (MN) establishes Hasty Defense along PL RED - 56 th SBCT screens to the East - Initial BNs reach PL GREEN with minimal attrition - Irregular forces facilitate attack - Recon as deep as PL WHITE PL RED PL RED PL WHITE PL BLUE PL WHITE PL GREEN PL BLUE
21. SOUTHLAND Phase 2 STARTEX / Conduct Hasty Defense 17-18 June - 1 st BDE (MN) conducts Hasty Defense along PL RED - 17 th is deep fight and counter recon fight - 18 th is main defense - Receive CJTF FRAGO for AASLT & CATK after defense - 56 th SBCT screens to the East - Lead echelons attack along multiple avenues and attempt to secure Key Objectives - OBJs 1&2 are secured prior to end of defense 3 2 4 1 PL RED PL RED PL WHITE PL BLUE PL WHITE PL GREEN PL BLUE
22. SOUTHLAND Phase 3a Conduct AASLT, FPOL, C-Attack 19 June - 1 st BDE (MN) AASLT vic OBJ 2 to seize key bridges ISO counter attack - Conducts internal FPOL - Conduct A-ATK to restore IBL - Receive CJTF FRAGO for AASLT & CATK after defense - 56 th SBCT screens to the East - Attempt to consolidate gains vic PL GREEN, delay VIRONIAN forces to establish Defense and gain international support for new IBL 2 1 PL RED PL RED PL WHITE PL BLUE PL WHITE PL GREEN PL BLUE
23. SOUTHLAND Phase 3b Continue C-Attack 20 June - 1 st BDE (MN) continues C-ATK to restore the IBL - Receive CJTF FRAGO for Stability Operations and AASLT to secure key infrastrure in IBL - 56 th SBCT screens to the East - Attempt to defend vic PL GREEN and gain international support for new IBL - Use irregular forces to support defense PL RED PL RED PL WHITE PL BLUE PL WHITE PL GREEN PL BLUE
24. SOUTHLAND Phase 4 Stability Operations 21 June - 1 st BDE (MN) conducts Stability Operations to secure the IBL and prepare to turn the security back over to National Security Forces - 56 th SBCT continues operations, moves south to secure IBL and reinforce local security forces - Use irregular forces and media to support claims of Vironian abuses of Southlandian supporters. PL RED PL RED PL WHITE PL BLUE PL WHITE PL GREEN PL BLUE
25. Response Cell ROE Stay in your role. You are replicating one or more organizations, so avoid referring to yourself as EXCON or HICON when interacting with the TA. Always stay in character. Dont create internal injects / spin-exs. We are training enablers first, but there are ample opportunities to learn or work through staff procedures. Make the MSELs yours . Make them detailed and realistic, but ensure they are synced. Find the happy-medium reference time . Refrain from instant answers if that is not something you could normally answer immediately in real life, but a 5-day CPX is short, so timelines need to be condensed.
26. Response Cell ROE Stay on the reservation . There are a lot of moving parts, so dont de-sync the exercise by adlibbing things outside of your area. Clear all significant changes through EXCON. Only provide the TAs what you SHOULD, not what you CAN. Youll see 100% truth on the JCATS (COP). Ensure what you report is what you should see. Sync with EXCON. US and THEM . The Training Audience has its own processes, procedures, and often doctrine. If something needs improvement, avoid recommending use our doctrine. Instead, focus on what they need to add / adjust in their own. Make the better. Annotate the results of all injects. B/P to brief those at the MSEL sync. Focus on process shortfalls or trends. Your comments will be the foundation for the AAR.
27. Stray Shots Security this exercise is UNCLASS, but not everything can be shared with everyone. The FDO is your friend. NIPR is the exception. This exercise is run on EST DSL (BLUE LINE). This is an OPEN networktreat it appropriately. No personal systems on NIPR. MSELs will be posted on the Shared drive (details & class to follow). Exercise emails using the Estonian Email server ( http://gs.mil.ee ) DSL Logon: JMSCDSL No Password
28. Typical EXCON Battle Rythm Day 1-2 Setup / Training 0800 - 1800 - Inbrief / Inprocessing - JMSEL intro - Inbrief #2 9 SEP Comm-Ex / Training 0830 - Response Cell Update 0900 - JDLM Intro 1000 - Finalize Roster / Emails All users log-in and add mailboxes 1400 - Initial test contact with TA via phone / email 1500 - MSEL Sync 1700 Commex Outbrief
29. Battle Rythm 10-11 SEP Mini-Ex 0700 -1900 (TBD) 12-16 SEP CPX (Day) 0645 - Battle Handoff Brief 0700 - Start Shift 1600 - MSEL Sync 12-15 SEP CPX (Night) 1845 - Battle Handoff Brief 1900 - Start Shift 0500 - MSEL Sync 0645 - Battle Handoff Brief