Understanding the Factors Affecting Kinetic Energy
Kinetic energy in an object is determined by molecular motion and factors such as temperature, pressure and density. Learn more here.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About Understanding the Factors Affecting Kinetic Energy
PowerPoint presentation about 'Understanding the Factors Affecting Kinetic Energy'. This presentation describes the topic on Kinetic energy in an object is determined by molecular motion and factors such as temperature, pressure and density. Learn more here.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
2. All of the kinetic energy due to random motion of the particles that make up an object Depends on the motion of the molecules AND how many molecules are present. The hotter the object… the faster the particles move… the more thermal energy it has…
3. Energy comes from the rearrangement of atoms when new compounds form (chemical change) Is a form of potential energy.
4. Energy comes from moving electrons Energy is transferred from a power plant through wires
5. Energy that comes from an object’s vibrations › Ex. Strings on instruments cause the air molecules around them to vibrate. Vibrations carry the sound to our ears › Sound requires matter to transfer energy **Pulling back the guitar string = Potential Energy **Releasing the string lets it vibrate and produce a sound wave = Kinetic Energy
6. Where does the energy come from? Energy comes from vibrations in electrically charged particles Not all light can be seen Light does NOT need matter to transfer energy. › Light energy can transfer through empty space
7. Energy that comes from changes in the nucleus of an atom When two nuclei join, called fusion › Ex. SUN: hydrogen joins to form helium When one nucleus splits, called fission