A Book of Friends - Celebrating Diversity in Friendship
Join Ilia Hernandez as she presents the heartwarming children's book, A Book of Friends, written by Dave Ross and illustrated by Laura Rader. Discover how friends come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and why it's not the size of your friends but the size of your heart that counts.
- Uploaded on | 2 Views
About A Book of Friends - Celebrating Diversity in Friendship
PowerPoint presentation about 'A Book of Friends - Celebrating Diversity in Friendship'. This presentation describes the topic on Join Ilia Hernandez as she presents the heartwarming children's book, A Book of Friends, written by Dave Ross and illustrated by Laura Rader. Discover how friends come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and why it's not the size of your friends but the size of your heart that counts.. The key topics included in this slideshow are A Book of Friends, Diversity, Friendship, Heartwarming, Children's Book,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Today we will be learning about a book called A Book of Friends Written by: Dave Ross Illustrated by: Laura Rader Presented by: Ilia Hernandez
2. A Book of Friends A Book of Friends Friends come in all shapes, sizes and colors. You can have TALL friends... friends EVEN hairy friends!
3. You should know, You should know, you can have BIG friends Or little friends. It isnt the size of your friends that count, but the size of your HEART!
4. You dont need to choose between your old friends, You dont need to choose between your old friends, and your new ones Its okay to love both, and make more and more memories with each friend ! Dont be AFRAID to make new friends.
5. We dont need to be friends with only people OUR age We dont need to be friends with only people OUR age You can be friends with a little BABY , EVEN a grown up ! You can learn new things being friends with people of all ages!
6. You will have You will have BEST FRIENDS , and friends who move away DONT FORGET: Pen PALS are also great friends !
7. You can even have You can even have IMAGINARY FRIENDS! Friends, are friends.
8. There are SO many things to do with your friends! There are SO many things to do with your friends! SLEEPOVER Go to the BEACH! Its fun having a swimming buddy!
9. GO FOR A WALK , GO FOR A WALK , share your toys , your secrets, food , clothes, fears , hopes, what makes you sad, your DREAMS , cookies , books, jokes , love and even other friends!
10. See a movie together, See a movie together, HAVE ADVENTURES. Be TOGETHER . You can have fun being with your friends , just being together . It doesnt always have to be a big event .
11. Dont worry, you can find friends anywhere! Dont worry, you can find friends anywhere! Underwater At home. Your neighbors can ALSO be your friends. What about at school ? There are friends EVERYWHERE at school!
12. Do you like family vacations? Do you like family vacations? Because being on vacation , is also a fantastic time to make NEW friends!
13. What about books ? What about books ? You can make friends in a book! Let your imagination RUN WILD! Anything is possible in your head.
14. Go to the PARK ! Go to the PARK ! Youll be surprised the amount of people who are looking for friends at the park .
15. Look under your bed! Look under your bed! You never know what friends you have misplaced ! And dont FORGET , You Are Your Own Best Friend
16. What is a friend ? What is a friend ? A friend is someone who likes you, and whom you like back . Someone you can be yourself with. Someone who has your back !
17. It doesnt matter how many It doesnt matter how many friends you have Remember : Its QUALITY , not QUANTITY , that counts !
18. Its IMPORTANT Its IMPORTANT to have FRIENDS They make you feel better when youre sad, making the bad times BETTER times.
19. Dont be afraid to ask someone Dont be afraid to ask someone Will you be my friend ?
20. Be Be a good listener. Sometimes all someone needs is a ear to listen and tell them itll be okay .
21. With friends With friends you can share your feelings . You dont have to be afraid to say Im sorry , friends will understand .
22. TIME!!! TIME!!! Make time for your friends. DONT push your friends away! Be there for them , and theyll be there for you .
23. All friends , All friends , have their ups and downs . It is up to you , to be PATIENT .
24. BE kind , BE kind , and nice . It takes time for some people to come out of their shell .
25. A Book of Friends A Book of Friends is a story that, if you LET it, can teach you about friendship. How to be a good friend, and how to make friends. Here, THERE, everywhere!