Ancient Mythology in Modern Times
Discover how Greek Mythology has inspired modern society, from the business world to pop culture. Learn about the symbols and stories that still resonate in today's world.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About Ancient Mythology in Modern Times
PowerPoint presentation about 'Ancient Mythology in Modern Times'. This presentation describes the topic on Discover how Greek Mythology has inspired modern society, from the business world to pop culture. Learn about the symbols and stories that still resonate in today's world.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Greek Mythology, Business, Nike, Olympus, Modern Society,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Greek Mythology in the Modern World
2. Mythology in Business Hundreds of companies take their name, logo, or slogans from mythology
3. Nike in Mythology Winged Greek goddess of victory, in battle or peaceful competition.
5. Olympus in Mythology Highest mountain in Greece Home of the gods and goddesses Formed after the Titans were defeated
7. Amazon in Mythology A race of powerful women warriors trained in archery and combat.
9. M e d u s a i n M y t h o l o g y Mythological monster, with snakes for hair. Anyone who looked directly at her would be turned to stone. Killed by the hero Perseus
10. Medusa in Business Medusa Corporation One of the oldest cement companies in the United States
11. Ajax in Mythology Mythological warrior famous for his strength and power the only character in the epic poem The Illiad who fought in the Trojan War without help from the gods.
12. Ajax in business Household cleaner that uses the slogan Stronger than Dirt!
14. O d y s s e y i n M y t h o l o g y Epic Greek poem The Odyssey Story of Odysseus, King of Ithaca Journey home after the fall of Troy
15. O d y s s e y i n b u s i n e s s Motor vehicle manufactured by Honda
16. Midas in Mythology Mythological King who had the power to turn everything he touched to gold.
17. Midas in Business A car repair company specializing in brake and muffler repair. Their famous slogan: Trust the Midas touch
18. V e n u s i n M y t h o l o g y The Roman name for the Greek goddess Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty .
19. Venus in Business A division of Gillette Razor Company, Slogan is Reveal the goddess in you.
20. P a n d o r a i n M y t h o l o g y Pandora means the all-gifted or the all- giving The first human created by the gods Opened Pandoras box releasing evils of mankind (revenge, plague, envy) The only thing that remained in the box was hope
21. P a n d o r a i n B u s i n e s s Pandora jewelry and charms Pandora music
22. Trident in Mythology Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea, is armed with a trident
23. Trident in Business Popular brand of chewing gum
24. Music: MUSE Muses were said to be responsible for inspiring all artists, poets, and musicians. also a band
25. Music: MUSE
26. Music: Styx The River Styx formed the boundary between the Earth and the underworld. also a band
27. M o v i e s : T h e L i t t l e M e r m a i d In The Little Mermaid , Ariels father is King Triton Triton is also the Greek messenger god of the sea
28. M o v i e s : H a r r y P o t t e r In Harry Potter , the story is based around a supporting system of mythological characters Fluffy : Cerberus, the 3- headed dog that guards the gates of Hades. Minerva McGonagall : Minerva is the Roman name for the goddess of wisdom, Athena . Firenze the Centaur : Centaurs were wise creatures that were half horse, half man.
30. Movies: Clash of the Titans In Clash of the Titans , Perseus, the son of Zeus is a hero who attempts to stop the underworld from spreading to Earth.
31. Mythology in astronomy Hermes/Mercury Aphrodite/Venus Ares/Mars Titan Kronus Zeus/Jupiter Titan Uranus Poseidon/Neptune Hades/Pluto Winged messenger god goddess of love god of war Saturn king of the gods, largest Uranus god of the seas god of underworld
32. Mythology in Names April Diana/Diane Cassandra Hector Helen/Ellen abbrev. Aphrodite Roman name for Artemis, goddess of the hunt and moon Trojan princess given the gift of prophecy Trojan prince killed in the Trojan war Daughter of Zeus, her beauty caused the Trojan war