Waste Reduction Partners: Providing Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and Public Institutions
Waste Reduction Partners is a program that offers no-cost on-site assessments and consulting services to businesses and public institutions in North Carolina. With a team of 68 engineers and scientists, they focus on pollution prevention, operating efficiency improvement, and cost effectiveness. They provide confidential, non-regulatory, and no-cost services.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Waste Reduction Partners: Providing Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and Public Institutions
PowerPoint presentation about 'Waste Reduction Partners: Providing Sustainable Solutions for Businesses and Public Institutions'. This presentation describes the topic on Waste Reduction Partners is a program that offers no-cost on-site assessments and consulting services to businesses and public institutions in North Carolina. With a team of 68 engineers and scientists, they focus on pollution prevention, operating efficiency improvement, and cost effectiveness. They provide confidential, non-regulatory, and no-cost services.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Waste Reduction Partners, pollution prevention, operating efficiency improvement, cost effectiveness, North Carolina,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Terry Albrecht, PE CEM State Director
2. Waste Reduction Partners Waste Reduction Partners Clients Services and Projects Businesses Non-Profits Manufacturing Schools Agriculture Local Governments Energy Efficiency Assessments Grant Management & Mentoring Solid Waste Reduction Water Efficiency Greening Assessments Pollution Prevention www.wastereductionpartners.org At-A-Glance Waste Reduction Partners conducts on-site assessments and provides consulting services to businesses and public institutions throughout North Carolina. A team of 68 engineers and scientists provide waste, water and energy reduction assessments and technical assistance to clients at no cost . The program focuses on pollution prevention, operating efficiency improvements and cost effectiveness. Confidential - Non-regulatory - No-cost services
3. WRP Statewide Volunteers WRP Statewide Volunteers WRP Land-of-Sky Regional Council - 40 WRP Land-of-Sky Regional Council - 40 www.wastereductionpartners.org WRP Triangle J Council of Governments - 24 WRP Triangle J Council of Governments - 24 WRP utilizes retired and volunteer engineers and scientists. Asheville, North Carolina Research Triangle Park, North Carolina Engaging the Baby Boomer community resource 2 million in 2025 in North Carolina. Staff is highly respected by clients, Speak the Business Language. Over 2300 years of cumulative experience. Staffing able to stay with clients through project implementation. Promotes sustainable economy and healthy environment.
4. www.wastereductionpartners.org WRP 2010 -11 Accomplishments $1.83 Million Total Client Savings $1.18 Million Client Energy Savings 4.8 MGY Water Usage Reduction 20,300 Tons Solid Waste Reduction $10.3 Million- Value of Energy Projects Assisted 52- 74%- Energy Project Implementation Rate 65,811 MMbtu- Client Energy Reduction 292 Sites- Visited in 56 Counties
5. Analyze Utility Bills Conduct Walk-through Surveys Target Energy Uses Process / motor HVAC Lighting Review Building Envelope Seek Demand Reduction / EMS / Policies Consider Benchmarking Understand Financing Options Written Reports with Cost / Benefit Analysis Support Strategic Energy Planning Initiatives www.wastereductionpartners.org
6. Improved Energy Management Energy Efficiency Solar/Renewables Utility Accounting Staffing Energy Professionals O & M Improvements Awareness Energy Survey Benchmarking / Tools Performance Contracting Strategic Energy Planning Leadership/Demonstration Capitalization
7. Behavioral No to Low Cost Moderate Capital Investment and Energy Performance Contracting Sustained Facility Energy Savings 5% 10% 15% 20% 5% 10% 15% 20%
8. ECM Frequency Recommended Simple Payback Range Percentage Implemented Upgrade Lighting 24 2.7 5.0 years 64 Improve Envelope 17 0 20 years 76 Upgrade HVAC 15 Variable 47 De-lamp Vending 12 No cost 25 Improve HVAC Maintenance 12 Low cost 58 Reduce Lighting 10 No cost 50 Rate Reviews 9 No cost 33 Exit Light Upgrade 8 < 2.0 years 75 Occupancy Sensors 7 2.3-4.6 29 Compressed Air Leaks 7 0.1 57 Deactivate Equipment 6 No cost 33 Premium Efficiency Motors 6 2.0 year (20 HP) 33 Waste Reduction Partners Client Study, n=25, 6/2010
9. WRP Energy Audit Program for Rural Businesses Reduced Cost Energy Assessments $325 Small Business | $275 Farms Product: Energy Assessment report with preliminary cost/benefit analysis Assessments can support USDA Energy Grant Applications Your business may qualify www.wastereductionpartners.org/usda-small-business
10. www.wastereductionpartners.org Small Business Case Study Helpmate, Inc. 2009 Energy Efficiency Assessment Non-profit, shelter 8750 sq. ft. $11,500 annual utility costs Focus no-cost and low-cost measures Outcome: 12% reduction in energy costs Pursued heat pump upgrade with utility rebates program Our winter electric use was down 20%. Thats really impressive and thats just from being careful with the AC / Heating temperatures, lower hot water temperatures, and closing the chimney. Thanks so much! Katherine Early Helpmate, Inc.
11. Greening Assessments supporting NC GreenTravel 45 Greening Assessments for Hospitality Sector Businesses. Assessments to address energy, water, solid waste and operational practices with Cost Benefit Analysis. Clients Benefiting: Old Edwards Inn, Highland Lake Inn, 9 th Street Bakery, Sunny Point Caf, Richmond Hill Inn, Market Place Restaurant, Grandfather Mountain, Mountainaire Inn, Joes Italian www.NC GreenTravel.org - State Recognition Program
12. Partnership with Highlands Biological Stations and DELTA Internship Program Performed energy assessment LED lighting retrofit Chiller heat recovery $62.5K savings, > 1.0 payback First NC Green Travel recognized - Lodging Led to Strategic Energy and Resource Efficiency Plan Continuing recycling assistance
13. NCDAQ - GHG Mitigation Voluntary Energy Assessments Contractor for NC Division of Air Quality USEPA Funded project Energy Efficiency Assessments with GHG analysis in commercial/industrial sector Other Technical Assistance Provider NCSU Industrial Assessment Center http://daq.state.nc.us/monitor/ - EPA GHG Grant
14. Energy Assessments and Mentoring Public Sectors One-day On-site Assessment Energy Survey Report with Preliminary Cost- Benefit Analysis. Supports Strategic Energy Planning Resources to engage finance options Utility Rebates Grant Opportunities Lease Arrangements Solar Purchase Agreements Performance Contracting State Energy Office Supported
15. EECBG funds supported - retrofitting and replacing inefficient lighting, heating systems and building envelope components Funding Source: NC State Energy Office Recovery Funds Project: Project was a Multi-governmental Partnership between Madison County, Town of Marshall and Town of Mars Hill Project was developed and Scoped by Land-of-Sky Regional Council and Waste Reduction Partners WRP Team provided energy initial energy report, Strategic Energy Plan, staff training, proposal assistance and final energy savings report EECBG grant $144,718.00 Outcome: Energy Savings estimated greater than $25,000
16. Marshall New Furnaces Mars Hill 478 N ew Rixtures Madison County 1289 New Fixtures
17. Main Street funds corrected major deficiencies in 4 businesses and retrofitting streetlights Funding Source: NC State Energy Office Recovery Funds Project: Downtown Hendersonville Inc. grant recipient Administration staff provided by Hendersonville Project was developed by Downtown Hendersonville Inc. and Waste Reduction Partners WRP Team provided energy initial energy report, proposal assistance and final energy savings report Total Project 127,018; State Energy Office $63,409 Outcome: Energy Savings estimated greater than $7300
18. No more antique heating equipment No more chocolates melting in the window
19. EPA Climate Showcase Grant GHG focus Buncombe Co. Schools, Asheville City School, 3 Charter Schools $310K in subcontracts for facility upgrades classroom and gym lighting, insulation, instant hot water heaters, demand controls, PV solar project Green Team Development & micro grants (20) RRR - Spring board for NC Green Schools initiative
20. WRP Contacts WRP - Land-of-Sky Regional Council WRP - Land-of-Sky Regional Council WRP - Triangle J Council of Governments WRP - Triangle J Council of Governments 339 New Leicester Hwy, Suite 140 Asheville, NC 28806 828-251-6622 email@example.com Terry Albrecht, WRP Director PO Box 12276 Research Triangle Park, NC 27703 919-558-2702 firstname.lastname@example.org Conrad Meyer, Technical Manager Syd Jeffrey, Program Administrator www. wastereductionpartners.org www. wastereductionpartners.org