Entrepreneurship and Success: Mark Zuckerberg's Journey
This article explores the concept of entrepreneurship and the story of Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder of Facebook with his roommates at Harvard University. It showcases his success as an entrepreneur and influence in the world.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About Entrepreneurship and Success: Mark Zuckerberg's Journey
PowerPoint presentation about 'Entrepreneurship and Success: Mark Zuckerberg's Journey'. This presentation describes the topic on This article explores the concept of entrepreneurship and the story of Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder of Facebook with his roommates at Harvard University. It showcases his success as an entrepreneur and influence in the world.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Entrepreneur, Business, Financial Risks, Profit, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Success, Influence, Harvard University, Time Magazine,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Definition : a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit (Oxford Dictionary)
12. Mark Zuckerberg
13. Mark Zuckerberg With his Harvard University roommates he created the Facebook social network. In 2012, 1 billion people were users of Facebook. He was named in Time Magazine as among the 100 wealthiest and most influential people in the world.
14. Harland Sanders
15. Harland Sanders After selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant. Harland Sanders opened the first KFC franchise in 1952. It was one of the first fast food chains to expand internationally. When he sold the company in 1964, there were over 600 stores worldwide.
16. Oprah Winfrey
17. Oprah Winfrey Oprah Winfrey was born into poverty but worked up to become the first female, African American news anchor in Nashville. Her talk show became very popular, and in 1988 she created her own production company, took over ownership of the program, and syndicated the program internationally. She now owns multiple media companies. She has been ranked the richest African American of the 20 th century.
18. Bill Gates
19. Bill Gates Bill Gates co-founded Microsoft, which develops and manufactures computer software, electronics and computers. Microsoft Windows dominated the worlds personal computer market, with over 90% market share. Bill Gates has topped the list of the worlds wealthiest people many times, though he is famous for giving much of his wealth to charities.
20. Henry Ford
21. Henry Ford Henry Ford did not invent the car, or the assembly line. He started the Ford Motor Company in 1903. His company develops and manufactures automobiles, and changed cars from being an expensive luxury, to something that was affordable for every day American families.
22. Lorna Jane Clarkson
23. Lorna Jane Clarkson Lorna Jane Clarkson is an Australian entrepreneur who started the Lorna Jane fashion label. She began making exerciseclothing herself, before starting the company in 1990. There are now over 120 stores across Australia and the company will now be expanding into the Us market.
24. Steve Jobs
25. Steve Jobs Steve Jobs founded Apple computers in 1976, selling the first personal computers. During the first 5 years, revenues doubled every 4 months. The 1990s was a period of trouble for the company, with decreased sales and in-fighting. Jobs was fired from Apple in 1985. Jobs returned to Apple in and revived the company with its range of hugely popular i-products.
26. Richard Branson
27. Richard Branson At 18, Richard Branson started a mail order record company. The Virgin brand is a conglomerate that includes airlines, a mobile phone company, a travel company, and now Virgin Galactic, which is looking to begin commercial space travel.
28. What makes a successful entrepreneur? Why do you think these entrepreneurs are successful? What do they have in common? Can you name some other entrepreneurs? Australian? Female? Local?