Advantech's HMI Product Offerings: DisplayPort and AVS Series
Learn about Advantech's latest HMI products and updates, including DisplayPort industrial monitors and the AVS Series. Hear from HMI product sales manager Marco Zampolli on implementing the latest technology while remembering HMI knowledge from February 2013.
- Uploaded on | 8 Views
About Advantech's HMI Product Offerings: DisplayPort and AVS Series
PowerPoint presentation about 'Advantech's HMI Product Offerings: DisplayPort and AVS Series'. This presentation describes the topic on Learn about Advantech's latest HMI products and updates, including DisplayPort industrial monitors and the AVS Series. Hear from HMI product sales manager Marco Zampolli on implementing the latest technology while remembering HMI knowledge from February 2013.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Advantech, HMI products, DisplayPort, industrial monitors, AVS Series, Marco Zampolli,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. February 22 nd main agenda February 22 nd main agenda 3.00-3.30 HMI products offering DisplayPort, industrial monitors portofolio update By Marco Zampolli 3.30-4.00 Introduction of AdvantechAVS Series Products By Maurice van der Aa
2. HMI products offering DisplayPort the End of an Era, but Beginning of a New Age HMI products offering DisplayPort the End of an Era, but Beginning of a New Age Marco Zampolli Marco Zampolli HMI product sales manager HMI product sales manager firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com We are in next HMI generation 1. Implementing the latest technology 2. Remembering our HMI knowledge February 2013 February 2013
3. Video output technologies Video output technologies Connector PRO CONS VGA 1- Wide spread technology 1- Old technology going to be phased out DVI 1-Digital technology 1- Connector big footprint HDMI 1-Digital technology 2-Audio signal integrated 1- No connector retention DP (Display port) 1-Digital technology 2-Connector retention 3-Connector small footprint 4-Longer distance w/o repeater 5-Native in new architectures
4. Why displayport in industrial applications Why displayport in industrial applications Digital technology Digital technology DiplayPort advantages DiplayPort advantages Connector retention Connector retention Connector small foot print Connector small foot print Longer distance w/o repeater Longer distance w/o repeater Native in new architecture Native in new architecture Royalty free Royalty free 1 cable for multimonitor connection 1 cable for multimonitor connection
5. Technology trend Technology trend AMD and Intel are going to phase out VGA output from their architecture by 2014. The already designed replacement is Display Port (AKA DP). INTRODUCTION DisplayPort is a digital display interface developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). The VESA specification is royalty-free. VESA designed it to replace VGA, DVI, and LVDS. Backward compatibility to VGA and DVI by using adapter dongles enables consumers to use DisplayPort fitted video sources without replacing existing display devices. Although DisplayPort has much of the same functionality as HDMI, it is expected to complement the interface, not replace it. MARKET SHARE Figures from IDC show that DisplayPort was on 5.1 percent of commercial desktops and 2.1 percent on commercial notebooks in 2009. However, they predict that the figure for commercial desktops will grow to 89.5 percent, and for commercial notebooks to 95 percent by 2014. The main factor behind this is the phase out of VGA, and that both Intel and AMD will also stop building products with low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS), by 2013 .
6. Technology evolution Technology evolution Starting from Sandy bridge mobile platform Intel introduced display port as native video output. Several Advantech products are/will be equipped with DP connector UNO-2184G : Sandy Bridge AIMB-784 : Haswell platform ASMB-584 : Haswell platform AIMB-582 : Ivy Bridge PCE-5128 : Haswell platform
7. DP market nowadays DP market nowadays Graphical cards Embedded PCs Thanks to the small connectors footprint up to 2 connectors can be placed on a LP PCI bracket. Example: Matrox M9128 LP PCIe x16 Intel latest mobile chipset are equipped with DP. No conversion is needed. Example: Advantech UNO-2184G
8. Matrox lineup Matrox lineup Matrox is using DP more and more in his product line
9. Advantech product portfolio Advantech product portfolio Advantech already introduced DP in its FPM-51x2G series since June 2012 . Beside the standard version (FPM-5xx1G series) offering VGA and DVI inputs, Advantech is offering Display port solution. Same features just different input options LCD SIZE VGA+DVI input DP input 15 FPM-5151G-R3BE FPM-5152G-R2AE 17 FPM-5171G-R3BE FPM-5172G-R2AE 19 FPM-5191G-R3BE FPM-5192G-R2AE IMPORTANT Prices between 51G and 52G series will be aligned
10. Product details Product details
11. FPM-51x1G vs FPM-51x2G I/O FPM-51x1G vs FPM-51x2G I/O 52G series 51G series Input DP VGA/DVI TS USB 2.0 USB/RS232 FPM-51x1G series FPM-51x2G series
12. FPM-51x1G revision change FPM-51x1G revision change New revision for FPM-51x1G series R3AE to R3BE R3AE to R3BE Only modification is backlight: Backlight technology is going to be phase out by main backlight manufacturer New revision is using LED backlight technology LCD SIZE A version B version 15 FPM-5151G-R3AE FPM-5152G-R3BE 17 FPM-5171G-R3AE FPM-5172G-R3BE 19 FPM-5191G-R3AE FPM-5192G-R3BE
13. Competition analysis-Industrial monitors Competition analysis-Industrial monitors IFP1500 IFP1900 IFP2200 SIMATIC series DP standard is becoming more and more common in consumer market. Industrial market is moving towards this technology, few competitors are offering this solution. Advantech is ready to offer latest technology PN List price Difference % SIMATIC IFP1500 1,075 +41% SIMATIC IFP1900 1,225 +45% SIMATIC IFP2200 1,550 N/A
14. New wide industrial monitor series FPM-7xx1W-WP New wide industrial monitor series FPM-7xx1W-WP Features 18.5 21.5" Industrial Monitor with Projected Capacitive Touchscreen Truly-flat touch screen with IP65 compliance Slim type design for Panel mount / Wall mount easy installation Supports industrial 24VDC power input Supports panel, wall, desktop and VESA arm mounting PN Description FPM-7181W-P3AE 18.5" WXGA Ind Monitor w/PCT TS (RS-232, USB) FPM-7211W-P3AE 21.5" Full HD Ind Monitor w/PCT TS (RS-232, USB) MP 18,5-> April 2013 21,5-> April 2013 MP 18,5-> April 2013 21,5-> April 2013
15. When embedded fanless CPU power is not enough. When embedded fanless CPU power is not enough. VGA DVI DP VGA DVI DP Even if we are always talking about Intel I series, There are 2 families Mobile platform Less powerfull Can be fanless Desktop platform More powerful Must be cooled with fan
16. Touchscreen technology Touchscreen technology Multitouch Projected-capacitive Multitouch Projected-capacitive Resistive Resistive - Projected-capacitive technology allows to use a hardened glass - Most of the SCADA are now supporting Multitouch gesture - Zenon, Win-CC, Wonderware, Iconics, Movicon - Projected-capacitive can be used also with thin gloves Multitouch is becoming required also in industrial application Multitouch is becoming required also in industrial application
17. Application examples Application examples
18. Air traffic control rooms ITS main control management rooms Substation control rooms Are just examples Air traffic control rooms ITS main control management rooms Substation control rooms Are just examples And control rooms And control rooms
19. FPM-2xxx: entry level industrial monitor-4:3- FPM-2xxx: entry level industrial monitor-4:3- Same design as TPC 50/51/71 series FPM-2120G: 12 monitor with resistive TS FPM-2150G: 15 monitor with resistive TS FPM-2170G: 17 monitor with resistive TS Specifications : Anti-reflective screen with tempered glass Supports Panel, Wall, Desktop, Rack or VESA arm mounting Front Panel NEMA4/IP65 Compliant Combo RS-232 & USB interface for touchscreen function 12-> March2013 15-> Q2 end 2013 17->March 2013 12-> March2013 15-> Q2 end 2013 17->March 2013
20. Layout front & rear FPM-2k series Layout front & rear FPM-2k series Input 12VDC PSU included Input VGA
21. Automation industrial monitor FPM series
22. 6 cm Where TPC CPU in not enough and we need to add a separate PC Slim and Compact Design
23. Questionnaire Questionnaire Advantech AVS & New Display Port Webinar dated 22 Februari 2013 - Google Drive
24. Questions ?
25. Introduction of Advantech AVS Series Products Introduction of Advantech AVS Series Products Maurice van der Aa Product Sales Manager
26. Introduction of Video wall Matrox Mura MPX Product introduction Advantech AVS & Value Proposition AVS Product overview & Competitors Examples FAQ & Naming Rule Roadmap Q & A Agenda
27. Introduction of Video wall Video Wall Simplified Definition One large specialized display or an array of N x M displays organized as one large visualization surface. Video Wall Controller Definition The device that lets you capture, manipulate, and manage the content displayed on your Video Wall . N M Video Wall Controller N x M Video Wall
28. Introduction of Video wall 1. Video Wall Controller with Inputs & Outputs Capturing video contents and display them on a video wall, such as control rooms , command centers, digital signage, Public Information System (PIS) . 2. Video Wall Controller with Outputs Only Simply displaying contents on a video wall such as stage backgrounds . Video Wall Controller Video Outputs Video Wall Controller Video Outputs Video Inputs
29. Matrox Mura MPX Product introduction
30. Matrox Mura MPX Product Introduction 1. Full Duplex PCI-Express Gen2 bandwidth. 2. First architecture to combine INPUT and OUPUT channels on the same HD cards. 3. Provide load balancing options for unparalleled HD captured stream performance. 4. Support HDCP. 5. Network API for remotely controlling the video wall. 6. Long life. MPX 4/0: 4 HD Outputs MPX 4/2: 4 HD Outputs plus 2 HD Inputs MPX 4/4: 4 HD Outputs plus 4 HD Inputs (a market-leading 8 HD channels per card!!!) MPX SDI: 2 HD Outputs plus 2 Native 3G SDI Inputs MPX VID16: 16 Standard Definition Inputs MPX VID8: 8 Standard Definition Inputs
31. Mura Inputs Universal Inputs Each Mura MPX card has one or two high density (KX-20) connectors. Matrox breakout cables from KX-20 to 4x DVI-I included Input either DVI, VGA, Component, Composite or S-Video Adapters sold separately Composite Video Input 8 or 16 input on one board SDI Input 2 SDI inputs on one board Composite Component VGA S-video
32. 32 Layout Management Create, save, copy and delete layouts Position streaming windows anywhere on the wall Map source to multiple streaming windows of same or different sizes Supports picture in picture configuration Switch between layouts with a single click Control background colour Create scrolling text across entire video wall Matrox Mura Control for Windows Take control of your Video Wall
33. 33 Matrox MuraControl for Windows Source Management Naming of sources Rotation of source (90, 180, and 270. Cropping source Source specific hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast correction
34. MURA Control for iPad Manage your wall remotely Drag and drop sources to create lay outs Scale sources Switch between lay outs Free to download from App Store
35. What is Advantech AVS Series?
36. What is Advantech AVS Series Product Introduction 1. AVS series are pre-configured systems for video wall applications. 2. AVS series feature Matrox Mura MPX compatibility , industrial reliability and value-added services to system integrators . 3. AVS series are able to carry multiple Matrox Mura MPX and bring their capabilities into full play.
37. What is Advantech AVS Series Product Features: 1. Matrox Mura MPX Compatibility : Validated by Matrox. 2. Industrial Reliability : 0 ~ 40C Operating Temperature. 3. CE/FCC & UL/CB Certifications : Certified with Mura MPX. 4. Longevity & Extended Warranty : 5~7 years life cycle plus Maximum 5 years warranty. Matrox products have 3 year warranty 5. Manageability : Remotely monitor and control the system.
38. AVS Series Value Proposition Value Proposition By S.I.s Value Chain Design The Video Wall Install The Video Wall Service & Maintenance Mura MPX Compatibility CE/FCC, UL/CB Certified System Integration Service Longevity & Revision Control Remote Manageability AVS are validated by Matrox, no worry for compatibility and reliability issue, AVS can shorten S.I.s design in phase. Advantech CTOS service (AVS + Mura + OS/Software) reduces S.I.s assembly & test efforts . Longevity & extended warranty make S.I.s after- sale-service easier , remote management reduces S.I.s on-site maintenance effort .
39. AVS Product overview
40. AVS Series Products Comparison Table Item AVS-240 AVS-290 AVS-540 AVS-541 Phase-in Available Now Available Now March 2013 September 2013 Form-Factor 4U Rack Mount Wall Mount/Desktop 4U Rack Mount 4U Rack Mount Mura MPX Support 2 Mura MPX-4/X 1 Mura MPX-V8/V16/SDI 2 Mura MPX-4/X 5 Mura MPX-4/X 5 Mura MPX-4/X 11 Mura MPX-V8/V16/SDI Video Outputs 8 Digital/Analog + 2 SDI 8 Digital/Analog 20 Digital/Analog 20 Digital/Analog + 22 SDI Video Inputs 8 Digital/Analog + 16 Analog or 2 SDI 8 Digital/Analog 20 Digital/Analog 20 Digital/Analog + 176 Analog or 22 SDI CPU Xeon E5 2400 Xeon E3 1200 Xeon E5 2600 Xeon E3 1200V2 Memory 96GB, ECC & REG 32GB, ECC 96GB, ECC & REG 16GB, ECC Expansion ( Blue for Mura) 1 PCIe x 16 (4/X) 1 PCIe x 8 (4/X) 1 PCIe x 4 (V8/V16/SDI) 1 PCIe x 1 2 PCI 1 PCIe x 16 (or 2 PCIe x 8) (4/X) 1 PCIe x 4 1 PCIe x 1 3 PCI 2 PCIe x 16 (or 4 PCIe x 8) (4/X) 1 PCIe x 8 (4/X) 1 PCIe x 4 1PCI 5 PCIe x 8 (4/X) 11 PCIe x 4 (V8/V16/SDI) LAN 2 4 2 2 Manageability IPMI 2.0/SUSIAccess IPMI 2.0/SUSIAccess IPMI 2.0/SUSIAccess iAMT/SUSIAccess Operation Temperature 0~40 C 0~40 C 0~40 C 0~40 C
41. AVS-240 Product Introduction Form-Factor: 4U Rack Mount Mura Support: 2 Mura MPX-4/X, 1 Mura MPX- V8/V16/SDI Video Outputs: 8 Digital/Analog + 2 SDI Video Inputs: 8 Digital/Analog + 16 Analog or 2 SDI Processor: Intel Xeon E5 2400 up to 8C/16T Memory: DDR3 1333/1600 MHz up to 96GB 5.25 Drive Bay: 3 External 3.5 Drive Bay: 1 External Remote Management: IPMI, SUSIAccess PSU: 500W 80 Plus Single Power Supply Dual GbE LANs Dual LANs IPMI Port 80 Plus 500W PSU 2 Mura MPX-4/X 1 Mura MPX-V8/V16/SDI Specification 5.25 Drive Bay 3.5 Drive Bay
42. AVS-290 Product Introduction Form-Factor: Wall Mount/Desktop Mura Support: 2 Mura MPX-4/X Video Outputs: 8 Digital/Analog Video Inputs: 8 Digital/Analog Processor: Intel Xeon E3 1200 up to 4C/8T Memory: DDR3 1333 MHz up to 32GB 5.25 Drive Bay: 1 External 3.5 Drive Bays: 2 Removable, 1 Internal Remote Management: IPMI, SUSIAccess PSU: 400W 80 Plus Single Power Supply Quad GbE LANs Specification Front View 2 Mura MPX-4/X Quad LANs 80 Plus 400W PSU
43. AVS-540 Product Introduction Form-Factor: 4U Rack Mount Mura Support: 5 Mura MPX-4/X Video Outputs: 20 Digital/Analog Video Inputs: 20 Digital/Analog Processor: Intel Xeon E5 2600 up to 8C/16T Memory: DDR3 1333/1600 MHz up to 96GB 5.25 Drive Bay: 3 External 3.5 Drive Bay: 1 External Remote Management: IPMI, SUSIAccess PSU: 700W 80 Plus Single Power Supply Dual GbE LANs Dual LANs IPMI Port 80 Plus 700W PSU Specification 5.25 Drive Bay 3.5 Drive Bay 5 Mura MPX-4/X
44. AVS-541 Product Introduction Form-Factor: 4U Rack Mount Mura Support: 5 Mura MPX-4/X, 11 Mura MPX- V8/V16/SDI Video Outputs: 20 Digital/Analog + 22 SDI Video Inputs: 20 Digital/Analog + 176 Analog or 22 SDI Processor: Intel Xeon E3 1200V2 up to 4C/8T Memory: DDR3 1333 MHz up to 16GB 5.25 Drive Bay: 3 External 3.5 Drive Bay: 1 External, 1 Internal Remote Management: iAMT, SUSIAccess PSU: 810W Front Accessible 3+1 Redundant PSU Dual GbE LANs Specification Front View Rear View 5 Mura MPX-4/X 11 Mura MPX-V8/V16/SDI Dual LANs Ordering Information Advantech P/N Description AVS-541-00A1E 4U Rackmount Xeon E3-1200V2 Video Wall Controller Supporting 5 +11 Matrox Mura MPX 1960047831N001 Cooler for Xeon E3-1200V2 series CPU with TDP Up To 95W
45. Item Advantech + Matrox Datapath Barco Jupiter Offering Video Wall Controllers 3 rd Party Software Video Cards MB/Chassis Video Wall Controllers Own-brand Software Video Cards MB Video Wall Controllers Own-brand Software Displays (DLP, LCD) Control Room Services Video Wall Controllers Own-brand Software Max. Outputs 20 64 288 120 Flexibility Flexible Configuration Flexible Configuration Fixed Configuration Fixed Configuration Price Medium Medium to Low Very High High Sys. Op. Temp. 0~40C 0~35C 0~35C 0~40C HD Capability Excellent HD Performance Normal HD Performance Excellent HD Performance Good HD Performance Strength High performance/cost ratio. Flexibility for all demands. Using latest CPU technology. Industrial Reliability. Cost effective. Medium wall Capability. Flexibility for all demands. High performance. Big Wall Capability. Vertically Integrated Solution Good performance. Big Wall Capability. Industrial Reliability. Weak No big wall capability. Note1 Need 3 rd party S/W. Note2 Lower HD performance. No validated chassis, PSU. Previous generation CPU. Expensive for mid/small wall. No flexibility configuration. Previous generation CPU. Expensive for mid/small wall. No flexibility configuration. Previous generation CPU. Note 1: New 40 outputs solution will be available in Q3 2013. Note 2: Matrox partner can support buying 3 rd party S/W and S/W after sale service. Competitor Analysis
47. In Mura MPX, we found exactly the type of powerful, yet cost-effective solution we were looking for. -Chris Dodds Managing Director, The P.A. People Installation in 2012 F1 Australian Grand Prix race control room Integrated by The P.A. People 12 Samsung 460UX monitors in a 6x2 configuration Powered by three Mura MPX-4/4 and two MPX-V16s 10 universal inputs and 32 composite video feeds displayed All controlled via the Mura Network API
48. FAQ & Naming Rule
49. FAQ 1. Whats the difference between Matrox Mura cards and nVIDIA, ATi graphics cards?
50. FAQ 3. Whats the difference between Matrox Mura cards and Advantech DSP cards?
51. AVS-540-00A1E AVS-abc-deA1E - AVS: Prefix for Advantech Video Wall Controllers - a: Video wall size, 2 for less than 8 cubes, 5 for 9~20 cubes, 8 for more than 21 cubes. - b: Chassis form factor, 2 for 2U, 4 for 4U, 5 for 5 U, 9 for wall mount. - c: Serial number, 0~9. - de: Reserved, default is 00. - A1: for revision. - E: for RoHS compliant. Naming Rule for AVS Series Products
53. AVS Series Products Roadmap 4U System Supported 2 Mura MPX-4/X, 1 Mura MPX-V8/V16/SDI Outputs 8 Digital/Analog + 2 SDI Inputs: 8 Digital/Analog + 16 Analog or 2 SDI Intel Xeon E5-2400 series 3*External 5.25 HDD + 1* External 3.5 HDD AVS-240 AVS-240 Developing Planning Available Conceptual 8-Output 20-Output 40-Output 8-Output Wallmount/Desktop System Supported 2 Mura MPX-4/X Outputs: 8 Analog/Digital Inputs: 8 Analog/Digital Intel Xeon E3-1200 series 1*External 5.25 HDD + 2* hot-swap 3.5 HDD, 1 internal 3.5 HDD AVS-290 AVS-290 4U System Supported 5 + 11 Mura MPX-V8/V16 Outputs:20 Digital/Analog + 22 SDI Inputs: 20 Digital/Analog + 176 Analog or 22 SDI Intel Xeon E3-1200V2 series 3*External 5.25 HDD + 1 external 3.5 HDD, 1 internal 3.5 HDD AVS-541 AVS-541 4U System Supported 5 Mura MPX-4/X Outputs:20 Digital/Analog Inputs: 20 Digital/Analog Intel Xeon E5 2600 series 3*External 5.25 HDD + 1* External 3.5 HDD AVS-540 AVS-540 Mar13 Sep13 4U System Supported 10 Mura MPX-4/X Outputs:40 Digital/Analog Inputs: 40 Digital/Analog Intel Xeon E3 series 3*External 5.25 HDD + 1 external 3.5 HDD, 1 internal 3.5 HDD AVS-840 AVS-840 Sep13
54. Q & A
55. Thank you!
56. Questionnaire Questionnaire Advantech AVS Webinar dated 22 Februari 2013 - Google Drive