MLA Works Cited: A How-To Guide for Proper Citation
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to accurately cite sources in MLA format. It includes a user-friendly website for creating citations and suggests keeping an MS Word document for convenience.
- Uploaded on | 0 Views
About MLA Works Cited: A How-To Guide for Proper Citation
PowerPoint presentation about 'MLA Works Cited: A How-To Guide for Proper Citation'. This presentation describes the topic on This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to accurately cite sources in MLA format. It includes a user-friendly website for creating citations and suggests keeping an MS Word document for convenience.. The key topics included in this slideshow are MLA Works Cited, citation guide, proper citation, citation machine, MLA format,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. MLA WORKS CITED A How-To Guide
2. First Things First! To cite or create a citation simply means to give credit where it is due. We must do this every time we directly quote or paraphrase a source. In English, we use MLA format to cite sources.
3. Easy Peasy! There is a proper way to cite every kind of source, from personal interview to novel. For our purposes, the good ol folks on the internet have done all the grunt work for you. You will use this website to create your citations: http://www.citationmachine.net/ Open an MS word doc as well and have it handy!
4. STEP ONE: You will see this: You will select MLA to cite your sources.
5. STEP TWO: After selecting MLA, you should see this: Select Book in dark orange, then select manual-entry mode.
6. STEP THREE: Your screen should look like this: Begin filling all the info from the Jungle . You can find info on the page before the table of contents.
7. STEP FOUR: After filling all the info you can find , select Make Citation. It takes a minute to load, but you will see this:
8. STEP FIVE: Select Copy and Paste citation This will automatically save it to your clipboard. You would IMMEDIATELY paste this citation from onto your open word doc, as well as all your other citations. Keep this document saved in more than one location, just in case!
9. Works Cited Page Format https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3bsOM TcOc Great Tutorial!
10. In-Text Citations Format https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ8fy7S PotM Great tutorial! OR YOU CAN.
11. In-Text Citations Format Select Parenthetical from citationmachine.net Enter the information Copy what appears in the grey box Paste it in place in your writing. (Sinclair 190)