The Biblical Meaning of Baptism
Explore the Greek word "Baptizo" and its significance in the Bible. Discover why immersion is the only true form of baptism.
- Uploaded on | 1 Views
About The Biblical Meaning of Baptism
PowerPoint presentation about 'The Biblical Meaning of Baptism'. This presentation describes the topic on Explore the Greek word "Baptizo" and its significance in the Bible. Discover why immersion is the only true form of baptism.. The key topics included in this slideshow are Baptism, Greek, Immersion, John 3:23, Acts 8:38,. Download this presentation absolutely free.
12. And Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house,
13. And Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house,
15. BaptismMeaning of the Word Greek Word Baptizo--The word means to dip or immerse. The word has been used to refer to a drowning, to the sinking of a ship or even the idea of perishing. John 3:23, Now John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there . And they were baptized . Acts 8:38, So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water , and he baptized him. The mode of baptism is by immersion. Sprinkling or any other form of baptism is not Scriptural.
16. Why Get Baptized? Matthew 28:19, 20God commands us to 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen. Matthew 10:32-33We are called to confess God before men Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
17. When and Who should get baptized? Acts 2:38-41 38 Then Peter said to them, Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call. 40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, Be saved from this perverse generation. 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
18. The pattern in the in the early church Acts 8:12-16 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself also believed ; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done. 14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
19. The pattern in the in the early church Acts 8:36-38 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized? 37 Then Philip said, If you believe with all your heart, you may. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.
20. The pattern in the in the early church Acts 9:18 18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized . Acts 10:47-48 47 Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord . Then they asked him to stay a few days.
21. The pattern in the in the early church Acts 16:14-15 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul . 15 And when she and her household were baptized , she begged us, saying, If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay. So she persuaded us. Acts 16:31-34 31 So they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household . 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized . 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.
22. The pattern in the in the early church Acts 18:8 8 Then Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his household. And many of the Corinthians, hearing, believed and were baptized . Acts 19:3-5 3 And he said to them, Into what then were you baptized? So they said, Into Johns baptism. 4 Then Paul said, John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
23. Why Get Baptized? God Calls us To Who should be baptized? Believers in Jesus Christ When should believers be baptized? After salvation (preferably right away!) Based upon ones profession of faith in Jesus Christ
24. What is the purpose of baptism? Identification with Christ Matthew 28:19,20 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.
25. Romans 6:1-10--Identified with Christ *In Christ we have a New Lifestyle 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death , that jus t as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life .