Global Tourism Growth Analysis: Patterns and Predictions
Explore the world's fastest growing industry and its impact. Create a graph to analyze tourist arrivals by region from 1990-2011 and predict future patterns using social, economic, and political factors. Compare to WTO predictions for similarities and differences.
- Uploaded on | 2 Views
About Global Tourism Growth Analysis: Patterns and Predictions
PowerPoint presentation about 'Global Tourism Growth Analysis: Patterns and Predictions'. This presentation describes the topic on Explore the world's fastest growing industry and its impact. Create a graph to analyze tourist arrivals by region from 1990-2011 and predict future patterns using social, economic, and political factors. Compare to WTO predictions for similarities and differences.. The key topics included in this slideshow are . Download this presentation absolutely free.
1. Growth In Global Tourism Analyzing world patterns CGG3O1 Ms. Percy
2. Whats going on and why? One of the fastest growing industries in the world In 2011, worldwide tourism receipts surpassed USD$1 trillion
3. Graphing Change Lets see how much change has occurred Analyze the growth patterns in the global tourism industry by creating a bar or plot graph that compares tourist arrivals by region in 1990 to 2011. When you are finished, analyze your graph and use it to answer these questions in your notebook: 1) What pattern(s) do you notice on your graph? 2) What national and/or international social, economic and/or political factors may explain what you see? 3) Based on current social, economic and political circumstances, predict what your graph may look like in 2030 and provide an explanation. Compare your prediction to the WTO prediction and identify similarities and differences. Record in your notes.
6. Why the growth? GROUP THINK In your group, use your graphs and brainstorm a list of reasons that would explain why global tourism has increased so much since the beginning of the 20 th century.
7. The Big Spenders The following countries are the greatest spenders on tourism: Can you observe any patterns with these results?
8. Global Patterns Explained Read World Patterns of Tourism on page 15 (avoid dated figures!) and make notes on the reasons why our top countries spend so much on tourism today compared to 50 years ago.
9. Improved Transportation
10. Global Trends 6 main factors influence tourists destination choice: 1) Location 2) Cost 3) Travel Time 4) Accessibility 5) Value of the dollar 6) Climate The top destinations meet most of these criteria for people who travel the most